samm187
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,

I am seriously considering doing a MSc conversion Psychology course via distance learning.

I have a 1st class honours degree in a media subject and currently work full time, but I have come to realise I don't enjoy what I do and i'd love to pursue a career in Psychology - which is something I have always thought about and wish i'd done sooner!

Having looked at BPS accredited courses, the one at the University of Leicester caught my eye, but I can't really see any reviews from anyone doing/completed this course. Has anyone got any experience with Leicester's course?

Another I have looked at is at Derby which seems to have more discussions around it on here. Any advice on which would be better?

Thanks!
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by samm187)
Hi,

I am seriously considering doing a MSc conversion Psychology course via distance learning.

I have a 1st class honours degree in a media subject and currently work full time, but I have come to realise I don't enjoy what I do and i'd love to pursue a career in Psychology - which is something I have always thought about and wish i'd done sooner!

Having looked at BPS accredited courses, the one at the University of Leicester caught my eye, but I can't really see any reviews from anyone doing/completed this course. Has anyone got any experience with Leicester's course?

Another I have looked at is at Derby which seems to have more discussions around it on here. Any advice on which would be better?

Thanks!
Hi samm187

It is great to hear that you want to change your career path. If you cannot get any reviews online, I would definitely recommend getting a meeting organised which one of the university's academics. You can ask them about what is expected of a distant learner and the support that is in place for the students.

Hope this helps.

Dom
marinade
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I would heavily advise also considering looking at 'full time' MSc conversion courses at a few unis. Some are only 1 day a week. Work the other 4 days.
samm187
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by marinade)
I would heavily advise also considering looking at 'full time' MSc conversion courses at a few unis. Some are only 1 day a week. Work the other 4 days.
Hi,

Thanks for the advice. Is there a reason you'd recommend taught study rather than distance learning? Just curious about other people's experiences.
marinade
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by samm187)
Hi,

Thanks for the advice. Is there a reason you'd recommend taught study rather than distance learning? Just curious about other people's experiences.
Because people chase doing these distance learning courses as the most comfortable option. The reality is that it might be longer to achieve in some cases than a so called full time option elsewhere.

The course is also being around lecturers and others in person. There are careers staff who can get you placements. Having those human contacts is an essential part of making it in a new 'career'/subject area.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (19)
7.88%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (135)
56.02%
No (87)
36.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed