The Student Room Group

Are A-Levels required to get into a University such as Calgary or Toronto?

I am currently studying IGCSE in Dubai and wish to study in Canada. Are AS-levels enough to get in or do i need to take A-levels. Also are there any other requirements i should be aware of ?
You meant university? You'll have to do super well on your AS and apply early if you want to get into a reputable university (before A2 exams are due). There are requirement like (IELTS) and maybe some other exams directly required for that particular country . I had to do SATs to come to US. You could always check some universities for their requirements.
Original post by youssef425
I am currently studying IGCSE in Dubai and wish to study in Canada. Are AS-levels enough to get in or do i need to take A-levels. Also are there any other requirements i should be aware of ?

I only recently entered uni so feel free to ask me anything. Also I'm going to warn you, IGCSEs for me were super easy I got all great marks throughout. I stepped into the AS class took it easy like the OL and failed all subjects in my first semester as did most of my class mates. Once you get the hang of AS after a coupled of screwed up test and tons of past papers, youll be just fine. good luck
Hey, I'm planning to apply to canadian universities but my AS grades are CDD for physics, pure maths and chemistry. I'm currently doing A2 now. What chances do i have in USA or Canada?
Original post by Nasirar40
Hey, I'm planning to apply to canadian universities but my AS grades are CDD for physics, pure maths and chemistry. I'm currently doing A2 now. What chances do i have in USA or Canada?

From what i know (im in y13 too), CDD for Canada wont get u into the best ones like Mcgill, UBC, Toronto, Waterloo but ryerson , and potentially york would still accept you, it also depends on ur gcse grades, mount allision may also accept u

Quick Reply

Latest