What style do people wear at uni of exeter and is there pressure to be thin? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Going to Exeter uni in about a week and just wondering what style of clothes people wear there? I've heard it is a bit private school style but want to fit in as I didn't at secondary school.

Also wondering if there is the same pressure to be a certain body weight / size at this uni or anywhere just because this is quite a typical thing at private school and I was wondering if it carries on here as I've had difficulties in the past and might need to prepare myself for being fully independent and in control of my food if it is.
Surnia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You are going to uni to learn: a particular subject, new skills through clubs and societies, independence.

You're not going to have much of a life here or beyond if you're worrying about what to wear or how you look. Yes, there will be a degree of conformity required in certain jobs, but at uni you can experiment, be yourself and find your own style. If anyone doesn't like it or suggests you change, ignore them. If people only accept you because of your clothes or being thin, they aren't people worth being with; they are shallow, and so is anyone who conforms to their standards to 'fit in', rather than being valued for personal traits like being kind, caring, empathetic, a good organiser or team player who gets involved.

What will look better on your cv from your time at uni: weigh 10 stone and wear designer clothes, or was the events coordinator on the Rag Week committe and raised £×000 for charity?
Alexty28
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Wear what you want! Who cares.

But I heard they still dress like its 2012.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (154)
24.68%
Pop (151)
24.2%
Jazz (26)