febreze
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
hi,
does anyone have any revision tips for aqa triple science, history , french, business, sociology, maths , english lit and lang and possibly additional maths ??
izaakha
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I did Triple Science and got grades 9,9 and 8. The 3 subjects are really interesting and it is only a little more than the combined award and you get 2 more GCSEs out of it. As you are going through the course be having a look at the specification all the time, I even had a check list with all of the specification references, and be checking that you have covered all of the spec content in class - as sometimes teachers simply don't have the time to go over the very small topics that are unlikely to come up - but AQA usually like to pick the one-word topic in the exam - so better to know it all. As it got nearer to the time of exams I started to create overview sheets, also with spec codes, as this would bring back the things that I had learnt at the beginning of year 10 back into the front of my mind. Also, if your school has Kerboodle or you have the Oxford textbooks they are very good - go to this link for the Hodder books, they are the draft version (I got them free) but all the information is correct - https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...4X?usp=sharing

Moreover, check out my TES page (ALL FREE) for my revision overview and podcasts (these are really good and I used to listen back to them all of the time) and they cover of all of the topics that can be found in the papers 1 & 2 respectively. - https://www.tes.com/teaching-resources/shop/izaakha_7 - click on the sub headings at the top for the different sciences. I did create some flashcards but I found myself just learning exactly what was on the flashcards, rather than a breath of knowledge about a topic. My friends and I would usually have someone test a group of us just using their CGP revision guides and it could be a small section in the book - but one that we certainly need to know. Plus then if one of us got it wrong we can just look in the revision guide to find the correct answer.

Revision guides are really good, but I would strongly recommend watching youtube videos, Primrose kitten's are good; even though you will sure to be bored by the end - just play them in the background. Freesciencelessons' videos are really good, as if there is a part of the specification that you don't understand he (Dr) will have a short video telling you all about it. In terms of paid services, I don't really think there are any that really stand out from the free versions - I am using Snaprevise for A - Levels - that is just because there aren't any good videos for A - Levels . BBC Bitesize is really good now, since its update for the 9-1 exams, their (few) videos are actually really good, and very professional, I don't know how many times I watch their video on Protein Synthesis - but it sure stuck in my mind .

If you have any questions just reply or PM for study help and I will get back. I am doing A-Level Biology, Chemistry and Geography
febreze
Rep:
?
(Original post by izaakha)
I did Triple Science and got grades 9,9 and 8. The 3 subjects are really interesting and it is only a little more than the combined award and you get 2 more GCSEs out of it. As you are going through the course be having a look at the specification all the time, I even had a check list with all of the specification references, and be checking that you have covered all of the spec content in class - as sometimes teachers simply don't have the time to go over the very small topics that are unlikely to come up - but AQA usually like to pick the one-word topic in the exam - so better to know it all. As it got nearer to the time of exams I started to create overview sheets, also with spec codes, as this would bring back the things that I had learnt at the beginning of year 10 back into the front of my mind. Also, if your school has Kerboodle or you have the Oxford textbooks they are very good - go to this link for the Hodder books, they are the draft version (I got them free) but all the information is correct - https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...4X?usp=sharing

Moreover, check out my TES page (ALL FREE) for my revision overview and podcasts (these are really good and I used to listen back to them all of the time) and they cover of all of the topics that can be found in the papers 1 & 2 respectively. - https://www.tes.com/teaching-resources/shop/izaakha_7 - click on the sub headings at the top for the different sciences. I did create some flashcards but I found myself just learning exactly what was on the flashcards, rather than a breath of knowledge about a topic. My friends and I would usually have someone test a group of us just using their CGP revision guides and it could be a small section in the book - but one that we certainly need to know. Plus then if one of us got it wrong we can just look in the revision guide to find the correct answer.

Revision guides are really good, but I would strongly recommend watching youtube videos, Primrose kitten's are good; even though you will sure to be bored by the end - just play them in the background. Freesciencelessons' videos are really good, as if there is a part of the specification that you don't understand he (Dr) will have a short video telling you all about it. In terms of paid services, I don't really think there are any that really stand out from the free versions - I am using Snaprevise for A - Levels - that is just because there aren't any good videos for A - Levels . BBC Bitesize is really good now, since its update for the 9-1 exams, their (few) videos are actually really good, and very professional, I don't know how many times I watch their video on Protein Synthesis - but it sure stuck in my mind .

If you have any questions just reply or PM for study help and I will get back. I am doing A-Level Biology, Chemistry and Geography
wow thank you so much
febreze
Rep:
?
(Original post by izaakha)

also are the mindmaps on the tes page for triple ?
izaakha
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by febreze)
also are the mindmaps on the tes page for triple ?
Yes they are triple science.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Contemporary Dance Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Nov '19
  • University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (140)
18.74%
Labour (319)
42.7%
Liberal Democrats (152)
20.35%
Green Party (41)
5.49%
Brexit Party (21)
2.81%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (2)
0.27%
SNP (9)
1.2%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.8%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)