Anxiety, please help. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I should be going back to college to restart Year 12 tomorrow as I dropped out earlier this year due to anxiety and other struggles. I’m now feeling so nervous about going back, I feel like I just want to tell them to take me off the register as I know I won’t be motivated or excited, as I’ll be so anxious. I really don’t know what to do, and I haven’t told anyone about my feelings, I just pretend I’m excited to go.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Your not alone with your anxiety I just started sixth form and vomited in class on Thursday afternoon due to anxiety but remember people are very supportive so go give it a go ( I know it may seem hard now as this is exactly how I feel about going to college tomorrow) and hopefully over time you will settle
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Your not alone with your anxiety I just started sixth form and vomited in class on Thursday afternoon due to anxiety but remember people are very supportive so go give it a go ( I know it may seem hard now as this is exactly how I feel about going to college tomorrow) and hopefully over time you will settle
It’s nice to know I’m not the only one! I really hope you’ll settle in soon. It was the reason I left Year 12 last year, I just couldn’t concentrate in class, and I looked visibly uncomfortable (teachers would always be asking if I was okay). I really hope I get over my anxiety soon, I don’t want it holding me back in life.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
It’s nice to know I’m not the only one! I really hope you’ll settle in soon. It was the reason I left Year 12 last year, I just couldn’t concentrate in class, and I looked visibly uncomfortable (teachers would always be asking if I was okay). I really hope I get over my anxiety soon, I don’t want it holding me back in life.
Have you had therapy for it? I’ve had CBT (cognitive behaviour therapy) when I was 11 and 15 and it works well and now I’m having something which I think is called EMDR and it does help
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
We can get through this I’m very scared about going to school tomorrow and going back to class especially after vomiting in front of 20 other people but I have breathing excercises that I’ve been given that will help calm me down and even then everyone is nice about it
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
And good luck tomorrow if you got through secondary school you can get through college that’s the way I’m trying to look at things
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
Talk to someone in advance at the college like teacher or pastoral support, continue to work on breathing and try hand exercises. Excuse yourself out of class if needed. I also had anxiety in year 11 and 10 it was obvious to others I would tense my muscles and go through so much physical pain, always shaking. Just take your mind of it and do something relaxing and relieving, have faith in God x
samcrxss
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Last year was my first year in college (or a school environment in general) after 3-4 years of sitting totally alone at home. One of the best decisions I've ever made. I was terrified at first, but people are honestly so supportive. It's not like school. People are friendly and will look after you. there's a lot of banter but it's not offensive. People in college know what feelings are, and they're not the same as they were in school. You have a right to feel anxious, and it's perfectly normal, but you will be okay!
A giant chicken
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Not sure if this will help but I've had anxiety my entire life and throughout year 12 I found it really really hard to get through each day. But over a few months I got used to it, I found a way of coping and I was able to aim for my goals and live with my anxiety.

Truth is your anxiety will most likely not go away, instead you'll learn to deal with it and find ways of working around it. I know it really sucks (trust me I get depressed about it all the time) but there are ways of working around it. Also the worst thing to do imo is to hide away from what makes you anxious. Again I know it sucks but confronting your anxiety head on and doing things that make you extremely anxious will help you get over it. Hiding away will only make it harder to live your life.

Also as already mentioned you should try CBT, its never worked for me but may for you. If that doesn't work then see if you can get some medication to help with the physical effects.

Hope this helps in some way
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (8)
6.5%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (69)
56.1%
No (46)
37.4%

Watched Threads