The Student Room Group

Law Applicants 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dyingstudent101
Harrysbar is a general course advisor (idk if that’s like the title) she has already been to university:smile:

I see! I’m new to the game😂
Original post by JPthelawguy
I see! I’m new to the game😂

:biggrin:
Cardiff AAB, Swansea AAB, and Leicester ABB if I firm them!
Original post by harrysbar
That’s good to have 3 offers already! What grades are they asking for?
Cardiff took about 3 days to reply for me!
Swansea were the quickest and it took them less than a day

Original post by aconstanthamlet
Well done! How long did it take for you to get a response from Cardiff? I sent my application off yesterday...
Original post by JPthelawguy
I’m still waiting on Oxford and Bristol because they both aide LNAT and so take longer ‘sifting applicants’

LNAT scores will start to be sent to Universities next week and these then take a while to process - don't expect to hear anything until at least November.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by returnmigrant
LNAT scores will start to be sent to Universities next week and these then take a while to process - don't expect to hear anything until at least November.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking too. Someone on another thread said that they got an offer from Durham, but maybe that’s bogus since LNAT scores aren’t even out
Universities: Cambridge, Durham, LSE, Lancaster and Aberdeen
LNAT: haven’t done it yet (will be doing it on the 15th)
GCSE: equivalent of: 4A*’s, 4A’s, 2B’s (in science so I don’t think that’s too bad for law!)
Predicted A Levels: A*A*A (Law, Accounting and Maths)

I’ve already applied but no one has sent me any offers yet 🙁
Reply 87
Original post by Humnax
Have had an offer for law at Leeds, law and international study at Manchester. Haven’t done my lLNAT yet so not expecting a response from kings or UCL and obvs haven’t heard from Cambridge. :smile:

Btw predicted A* AA
Original post by salsazza
Yeah that’s what I was thinking too. Someone on another thread said that they got an offer from Durham, but maybe that’s bogus since LNAT scores aren’t even out

It's not bogus. They got a guaranteed offer after completing the Sutton Trust Summer school
Original post by dyingstudent101
On Monday, universities are gonna get our LNAT scores and essays! How weird a thought

please don't remind me :K:
Original post by shanelizard
please don't remind me :K:

:colone:
Reply 91
hey guys big problem here.
i was going to apply for M100 (3 yrs) at Warwick, but when I submitted my UCAs, it submitted as M101 (4 years)

I can't change my choice (changed from QMUL to Warwick, so can't make another change) but I really want to do M100 over M101 for various reasons, including tuition, etc.

What can I do? Should I email them to ask them to consider me for M100 rather than M101? It seems kinda unprofessional on my side though...
Original post by ayesla
hey guys big problem here.
i was going to apply for M100 (3 yrs) at Warwick, but when I submitted my UCAs, it submitted as M101 (4 years)

I can't change my choice (changed from QMUL to Warwick, so can't make another change) but I really want to do M100 over M101 for various reasons, including tuition, etc.

What can I do? Should I email them to ask them to consider me for M100 rather than M101? It seems kinda unprofessional on my side though...

Oooouuu thats a bit of a predicament but believe me you’re not getting anywhere till you call the school’s admissions team. Sure it seems unprofessional but everyone makes mistakes and if you’re a prospective student who fits all the requirements it shouldn’t necessarily stop them wanting you
Original post by harrysbar
It's not bogus. They got a guaranteed offer after completing the Sutton Trust Summer school

Ah okay. Makes sense
If I’m doing my LNAT on the 22nd when do my results get released to unis or can they just download it 24 hours after I’ve done it
Original post by kartiksawhney
If I’m doing my LNAT on the 22nd when do my results get released to unis or can they just download it 24 hours after I’ve done it

They get it 24hrs later
Original post by nathan_nacu
They get it 24hrs later

Sweet, cheers!
Hearing that Kings normally send out some offers around about now?
Original post by rahrahrah22222
Hearing that Kings normally send out some offers around about now?

I didnt know they send offers this early!😯 I sent in my application on October 14th, is there any chance I might get an answer from them soon?
Original post by magz2001
I didnt know they send offers this early!😯 I sent in my application on October 14th, is there any chance I might get an answer from them soon?

Have you sat the LNAT

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending