The Student Room Group

Social Life of a Doctor vs Social Life of a Pharmacist

Which ones better?
In terms of giving time to your family, going on holidays, weekends off, national holidays off etc.
Not a doctor yet but the junior doctor i spoke with said he worked 7am to 7pm :eek: and yeah for the first ten years you basically have no life so i say pharmacist.
Original post by LinaHearts
Not a doctor yet but the junior doctor i spoke with said he worked 7am to 7pm :eek: and yeah for the first ten years you basically have no life so i say pharmacist.

Thanks.
What happens, that's different, after the first 10 years?
Original post by mansoor-123
Thanks.
What happens, that's different, after the first 10 years?

You become a consultant and kinda dictate your own hours. You kinda the boss now, but you still have obligations
Please don't become a pharmacist. I beg you! The field is oversaturated, you'll probably hate it, I just graduated from the pharmacy and I can't name a single student in my 110 strong cohort who is actually happy with their jobs. Save yourself the misery. It's repetitive and mundane. Sure, you'll finish work bang on time every day and get up to to the name nonsense the next day.
Original post by knightandday
You become a consultant and kinda dictate your own hours. You kinda the boss now, but you still have obligations

How would the hours of a junior doctor and consultant compare on average in terms of actual figures?
Original post by DrRasheedah
Please don't become a pharmacist. I beg you! The field is oversaturated, you'll probably hate it, I just graduated from the pharmacy and I can't name a single student in my 110 strong cohort who is actually happy with their jobs. Save yourself the misery. It's repetitive and mundane. Sure, you'll finish work bang on time every day and get up to to the name nonsense the next day.

I'm assuming your talking about working in community.
Even so, I'm thinking of opening my own pharmaceuticals if I do end up doing pharmacy. That way I would end up with varied tasks instead of the repetitive, mundane tasks your eluding too.
Original post by mansoor-123
How would the hours of a junior doctor and consultant compare on average in terms of actual figures?

Im not sure, sorry. I just know that they do. That seems to be the general consensus. Although, some consultancy positions are still quite intense and that all depends on your speciality.

I would just pick the career you`re interested in. I`ve met many foundation doctors, registerer and consultants who are married and have a good social life. Its possible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending