The Student Room Group

A-level advice

I’ve just started Year 12 and literally all I’ve heard this last week is how if we don’t start revising now we’re all going to fail. I’m scared that if I revise too hard too early I will burn myself out like I did at gcse, but I’m also scared that I’m just going setting myself up to fail if I don’t revise early on. I’ve been panicking so I would appreciate it if you gave me some advice :smile: Thanks
hey I have just started yr 12 too. and so far I'm just focusing on completing homework and rewriting the work I do in school nicely. that way it looks nice and I have technically 'revised it's since I have gone over it again. I just think this early on you cant really revise since totes nothing to revising all you can do is keep on top of your work and not forget what you just learned. hope this was helpful
Hey,

All teachers and lecturers say that to every student so I wouldn’t worry about what they are telling you to much.
I think that if there are subjects or areas that you know for certain if you were to take a test tomorrow you wouldn’t get at least 50% that you should start revising for those areas now. However if you have a basic understanding of what you are being taught I wouldn’t start fully revising now. Yes maybe do some light reading over your notes once a week for each subject but nothing to extreme until Christmas. That’s when I would start to revise and take practice/papers.
I hope that helps and best of luck I’m sure you will do brilliantly!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending