Bluepanda1234
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I am currently studying a levels (bio, chem, maths and spanish) and would like a career in investment banking. I didn't know until recently that investment banking is what I wanted to do and therefore picked subjects that I enjoyed for a level. I now realize that these subjects might not get me too far if I apply.

I am a bit confused. Is there a specific degree required for investment banking? And do I even stand a chance considering I have not picked economics or further maths as a levels?

Are apprenticeships offered for investment banking?

Any advice and information about degrees and how to get in would be very much appreciated.
SmileyfriendlyXD
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by moneymanJPM)
You pretty much have to have both of econ/further maths to get into IB. Unlucky mate.
Don't know who told you that mate.
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
subjects don't matter - get A*s and As and go to a good uni to study a subject you enjoy - as long as you do well academically you meet the requirements.
sb10
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There’s no specific degree for it, I’ve heard of people who have gone into investment banking with a degree in Theology. As long as you excel academically and get involved with internships at uni you should have a reasonable chance of getting into it.
Bluepanda1234
Rep:
?
(Original post by gr8wizard10)
subjects don't matter - get A*s and As and go to a good uni to study a subject you enjoy - as long as you do well academically you meet the requirements.
Thank you! But does the course I study at uni need to be a finance/economics one? How do I get into it?
Bluepanda1234
Rep:
?
(Original post by sb10)
There’s no specific degree for it, I’ve heard of people who have gone into investment banking with a degree in Theology. As long as you excel academically and get involved with internships at uni you should have a reasonable chance of getting into it.
Thank you! How do you get into it, do you just apply for a job in it after uni or do you have to do courses towards it?
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bluepanda1234)
Thank you! But does the course I study at uni need to be a finance/economics one? How do I get into it?
no, you want to aim for good uni's oxbridge, lse, imperial, warwick, ucl and apply for spring week internships in your first year and do summer internships in your second
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (14)
6.67%
They might tell the bully (21)
10%
I don't think they'd understand (36)
17.14%
It might lead to more bullying (74)
35.24%
There's nothing they could do (65)
30.95%

Watched Threads