cost from travelling from surrey uni to north london Watch

billionaireboy98
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
cost from traveling from surrey uni to north london?
by train
rcmotorboy
Badges: 17
Report 5 months ago
That's a distance. Any train to Victoria station and changing trains to reach at Guildford. Would cost almost hundred per month. Quickest route. Depending on the train, it varies. Would say £60 to £80 on average per month if they still make one of those travel cards. I wouldn't think Guildford is part of the London network. It is National Rail, so it does cost a bit more then the London Underground network. I believe they have a travelcard that fuses the two together, the National Rail Network and London Underground network, you'll have to be sure about that or they'll stop you if you have the wrong ticket.

There's also two train networks that reach there from Victoria or Clapham Junction or London Bridge or wherever. The Southern trains and South West trains.
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Depends, which part of Surrey? Within M25? If so oyster.
Isinglass
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Noodlzzz)
Depends, which part of Surrey? Within M25? If so oyster.
The university is at Guildford, so not covered by Oyster. A return ticket to Waterloo with a 16-25 railcard is about £17 and you can link your railcard with an Oyster card, which would give you a discount on off-peak journeys across London. (An Anytime rate travelcard would be £35, soit would be cheaper to split the journey between National Rail and Oyster).
billionaireboy98
Rep:
?
so becuase i live in barnet area it would cost £20 to come back and forth?
University of Surrey
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by billionaireboy98)
Hi billionaireboy98

I've just looked into the cost of this for you on the National Rail Enquiries website. Currently a return journey during peak hours from Barnet to Guildford would cost £24.55

You can buy a season ticket for London Waterloo to Guildford. These are the prices as of September 2019:

• 7 Days £93.30
  • 1 Month £358.30
  • 3 Months £1,074.90
  • 6 Months £2,149.70
  • 12 Months £3,732.00

Hope this helps
Isinglass
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
If you are paying rent / a mortgage on a property in Barnet, then I can understand commuting, but most people without such a commitment would probably choose to live in halls or rent locally (depending on year), rather than undertake that journey every day - which in turn would be more expensive than the rail fare...
billionaireboy98
Rep:
?
(Original post by Isinglass)
If you are paying rent / a mortgage on a property in Barnet, then I can understand commuting, but most people without such a commitment would probably choose to live in halls or rent locally (depending on year), rather than undertake that journey every day - which in turn would be more expensive than the rail fare...
no, I want come back every week from uni every Friday so I can see my family and coach football.
Isinglass
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
no, I want come back every week from uni every Friday so I can see my family and coach football.
Ah, that makes more sense than commuting daily.
billionaireboy98
Rep:
?
(Original post by Isinglass)
Ah, that makes more sense than commuting daily.
no way im travelling uni everyday thats mental!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (43)
24.29%
No, but I have thought about it (48)
27.12%
No (86)
48.59%

Watched Threads