The Student Room Group

Student Finance incompetence

I applied for student finance since the beginning of July and till date it has not been approved.

status still showing application submitted. how many years does it take for an application to be approved!!!!!!!!

we have been going back and forth with different people asking for various evidence documents which i keep sending. sent an email to the complaints department about this. someone called me and after anytime i call her number she doesn't pick the call and even when she promises to call back, she does not

starting uni next week Monday the 16th Sept and don't have finance in place yet.

what next !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
The deadline to be guaranteed payment at the start of your course was in May. If you applied in July then you should have expected your first instalment to be late.

You can’t blame SFE for incompetence when you missed their clear deadline by 3 months.
Reply 2
At no point in time was I advised or told so. This is the first time I am hearing this !!!. Also who keeps asking for various evidence in pieces for 2 while months. !!!. If I was given the right information from day 1 and the eight documents were requested for from the beginning then am sure this would have been sorted before now.!!!
(edited 4 years ago)
The deadline is well publicised. Again it isn’t SFE’s fault that you didn’t read any of their publicity information emphasising the deadline.

What evidence did they ask for? It’s normally explained in the form what evidence that you need to supply.

Have you arranged a student bank account with an overdraft? And spoken to your university to find out what support they might be able to offer to help you get by until your funding comes through.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
The deadline is well publicised. Again it isn’t SFE’s fault that you didn’t read any of their publicity information emphasising the deadline.

What evidence did they ask for? It’s normally explained in the form what evidence that you need to supply.

Have you arranged a student bank account with an overdraft? And spoken to your university to find out what support they might be able to offer to help you get by until your funding comes through.

Yes I don't and didn't read their publications. And I cant get an account with overdraft. Speaking to the university wouldn't be possible now until I start on monday. Also even after sending the evidence on the initial request form. They still requested for more evidence. I got a call from the complaints unit. Who confirmed the document they needed and confirmed I had sent it. Only for them to call again to request for another evidence again.

To finding out that some documents I had sent, were scanned under the wrong sections

To finding out that already had the documents they were requesting for BUT couldn't find it because it was scanned wrongly

So tell me is that my fault !!!!. All the above issues mean t additional delays.

Even the complaints manager had to send an email according to her to k ow exactly what document they needed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending