The Student Room Group

When did you receive your full licence after the practical test?

Hello, I passed the practical test last week and the examiner said I will receive my full licence in 3 weeks. I was wondering if you guys can tell me when did you guys receive it?

I am moving home in 2 weeks, I am worried that I won't receive it by then. If so, I have to talk to my landlord which is annoying...
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by xxyypp
Hello, I passed the practical test last week and the examiner said I will receive my full licence in 3 weeks. I was wondering if you guys can tell me a more specific time?

I am moving home in 2 weeks, I am worried that I won't receive it by then. If so, I have to talk to my landlord which is annoying...

It is impossible for us to give you a more specific time for you...

Work on the assumption that it takes 3 weeks. We literally cannot give you a more specific time, we aren't the DVLA and have no idea how backed up they are.
contact the examiner yourself, and how are supposed to give you a more specific time???
Reply 3
Original post by Blue_Cow
It is impossible for us to give you a more specific time for you...

Work on the assumption that it takes 3 weeks. We literally cannot give you a more specific time, we aren't the DVLA and have no idea how backed up they are.

Yeah, I see. I was expecting to get some previous experience from you guys.
Depends on how many applications they have to deal with at the time so there's no way we can relate our experiences to what yours will be. If it does come to moving day and it's not there, phone the DVLA and ask if it's been sent out. If not then tell them of your change of address so it can be updated and the new licence sent to your new home when it's sent out. If it's already been posted then it'll be coming via Royal Mail, you can set up an account and have all mail redirected to your new address here https://www.royalmail.com/personal/receiving-mail/redirection
Reply 5
Mine only took a week to arrive, but I'm guessing it all depends on how many people have been taking their test in a certain period. So it all depends how busy they are
Reply 6
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Depends on how many applications they have to deal with at the time so there's no way we can relate our experiences to what yours will be. If it does come to moving day and it's not there, phone the DVLA and ask if it's been sent out. If not then tell them of your change of address so it can be updated and the new licence sent to your new home when it's sent out. If it's already been posted then it'll be coming via Royal Mail, you can set up an account and have all mail redirected to your new address here https://www.royalmail.com/personal/receiving-mail/redirection

That would be a great solution, thanks!
Reply 7
Original post by jbrdodd
Mine only took a week to arrive, but I'm guessing it all depends on how many people have been taking their test in a certain period. So it all depends how busy they are

That makes sense, thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending