The Student Room Group

are these a good enough reason to run away from home

1-my mum is extremely sexist.bros sit down leave whenever they want come home whenever they want. I gotta be there literal slave. I even have to do one of there beds.
2-my mum appreciates a little smile from my brothers, whatever I do is still not enough.
3-as a girl I can't move out even after 18
4-i get hit by my mom like once a month
5- I have to apologise to mom even when I did nothing wrong
6- I cry myself to sleep sometimes
7-i hate this house
8-once my sister gets married in like 3 months I will be put under so much pressure- as in so god damn much cleaning.
9- I have to be home at 3.30 everyday from six form I can't stay out with friends

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
and theres so much god damn more. ive had enough
Try speaking to your mum about all this first, explain to her how you feel. Hope things get better, but no don't run away x
I’m sorry but 3:30? You must have some goddamn perseverance to do that.
But clearly your mums being a traditional person acting like we’re still living in the 1800’s or some sh*t. Either start saying no to her, or ask someone for help, e.g the anon childlines etc
i dont think that you should run away.
no matter how much pressure your mum is puttinyou under, she probably thinks that she is doing the right thing for you to be successf
try to sit down with her and discuss how you feel.
i know that it take alot of courage but i feel as though it would help your mum to understand how you feel
Original post by Anonymous
1-my mum is extremely sexist.bros sit down leave whenever they want come home whenever they want. I gotta be there literal slave. I even have to do one of there beds.
2-my mum appreciates a little smile from my brothers, whatever I do is still not enough.
7-i hate this house
8-once my sister gets married in like 3 months I will be put under so much pressure- as in so god damn much cleaning.
9- I have to be home at 3.30 everyday from six form I can't stay out with friends

I'm sorry to hear that. I've felt like that since I was young. Personally I think you should tell your mum about how you feel. Sometimes it may feel like too much pressure but you have to learn to cope with it I guess. Sometimes life is not easy. You say you cry yourself to sleep, that is serious, if it affects you that much then definitely do seek help. If you feel the need to PM me, feel free, but I won't be available most times, usually just evenings.
Reply 6
Original post by Samsam31
Try speaking to your mum about all this first, explain to her how you feel. Hope things get better, but no don't run away x

my mum would take it as an offensive thing. she's not the type for a sit down chat kinda mom.
Tagging @shadowdweller, she always gives awesome advice.
Reply 8
Original post by OR321
I’m sorry but 3:30? You must have some goddamn perseverance to do that.
But clearly your mums being a traditional person acting like we’re still living in the 1800’s or some sh*t. Either start saying no to her, or ask someone for help, e.g the anon childlines etc

ive said no to her like twice and it was probably the worst day of my life. she took all my sibblings out and I had to stay to clean at home. then she got home and my dad took me to apologise to her.i had to do everything she wanted at the end.
Reply 9
Original post by Nadim Chowdhury
I'm sorry to hear that. I've felt like that since I was young. Personally I think you should tell your mum about how you feel. Sometimes it may feel like too much pressure but you have to learn to cope with it I guess. Sometimes life is not easy. You say you cry yourself to sleep, that is serious, if it affects you that much then definitely do seek help. If you feel the need to PM me, feel free, but I won't be available most times, usually just evenings.

she would never listen, I right now she's even went to the extent to confiscate my BOOKS because apparently I read too much and don't clean, I also don't have a phone because my friend gave me her Netflix account secretly. she opened my snapchat read the message then took my phone its been like a month. I have a bedtime and im ****ing 17. believe that.
Reply 10
Get out of there girl!
Reply 11
she would never listen, I right now she's even went to the extent to confiscate my BOOKS because apparently I read too much and don't clean, I also don't have a phone because my friend gave me her Netflix account secretly. she opened my snapchat read the message then took my phone its been like a month. I have a bedtime and im ****ing 17. believe t

Seriously girl get out of there, if you apply for uni you will have somewhere to live? That's what I did to get out. Don't listen to anyone that says 'family is family no matter what' anyone thats poisonous in your life needs to go!
I’m not sure if running away would be best way to get out of. Where are you going to stay? And you need money too. Have you tried explaining to your dad how unfair it all is? What do your siblings stay
Once you’re at uni you can forget about all this and you’ll have your independence so just keep hanging on until then
my whole family is sexist and it pisses me off sm but different kind of sexist to yours like the girls have to always do what the boys say and clean but the boys just make a mess and it's the boys that r allowed to work and educated not the girls and way more things and it's so sad that people think like that but I would never consider leaving home because they would kill me because their reputation will be damaged ygm tbh as for your situation u just have to tell ur mom what's her problem try being deviant so she questions ur behavior then tell her the things she does to u and how it makes u feel. I truly understand ur situation but I suggest that since ur not that young just wait till ur 18 and then move out. good luck
Go to social services and say you’re being kicked out, they may be able to let you you live elsewhere.
7-i hate this house

Hi there,

First of all, I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through such a tough situation - no-one deserves to be treated like that by their parents :hugs:

If you were to run away, would you have friends or family that you could stay with? I'm not sure how old you are, but would moving away for uni be a possibility soon?

I'd suggest getting in touch with the following support line regardless:

Runaway Helpline- 11-17, running away
Call, text, email and online chat
https://www.runawayhelpline.org.uk/?...SAAEgL2xvD_BwE
116 000

Runaway Helpline has a Stages of Running Away guide, that provides information around what to do if you're considering running away, including support, or alternate options, depending on your situation. I'd highly recommend getting in touch with them, as it seems like they'd be able to help and offer advice.
I’m not sure if running away would be best way to get out of. Where are you going to stay? And you need money too. Have you tried explaining to your dad how unfair it all is? What do your siblings stay
Once you’re at uni you can forget about all this and you’ll have your independence so just keep hanging on until then

I have like 200£ saved and I was thinking Idm being homeless. in my house its the mum deals with the girls dad for the boys. he agrees with her anyway, when im getting screamed at he just adds his stupid comments. hes probably worse tbh.
Go to social services and say you’re being kicked out, they may be able to let you you live elsewhere.

I don't want to ruin my other siblings lives by them being like checked up on every month by social services.
my whole family is sexist and it pisses me off sm but different kind of sexist to yours like the girls have to always do what the boys say and clean but the boys just make a mess and it's the boys that r allowed to work and educated not the girls and way more things and it's so sad that people think like that but I would never consider leaving home because they would kill me because their reputation will be damaged ygm tbh as for your situation u just have to tell ur mom what's her problem try being deviant so she questions ur behavior then tell her the things she does to u and how it makes u feel. I truly understand ur situation but I suggest that since ur not that young just wait till ur 18 and then move out. good luck

why do you care about there reputation. have you tried speaking to your parents? and Im not allowed to move out until marriage even after 18. so the only thing I can do is run away.
Reply 19
Original post by P13/20
Seriously girl get out of there, if you apply for uni you will have somewhere to live? That's what I did to get out. Don't listen to anyone that says 'family is family no matter what' anyone thats poisonous in your life needs to go!

We are born to those people but we don’t have to stick with them. Much better to only be around people that you choose.

If my mother hadn’t died I would have cut her out from my life when I got older, I wouldn’t have kept in contact.

Latest

Trending

Trending