The Student Room Group

Can a 17 year old run away to Norway without parental consent?

Scroll to see replies

This is why the law needs to change, if you leave your parents, they still have to accept you if you come back under the age of 18.
Original post by warbis66
Norway is an extremely expensive country to live in. Please think about what you are doing. Could he not come here and be with you in the UK?

He has a student apartment for the both of us and he has a job and I also have a job.
Original post by GetGradenines
This is why the law needs to change, if you leave your parents, they still have to accept you if you come back under the age of 18.

I don't wanna be a victim of abuse any longer.
your parents raise you for 18 years and then you just decide to leave.
And when your fairy tale boyfriend can't support you, you will come crying back to them.
I hope this is a troll post.

Yes, they raised me. But they only know the basics of parenting. My mother even said that she doesn't even know how to be a mother.
Original post by Anonymous
Well it sounds like this person's parents weren't very kind to her so I don't think you need to make her feel bad for leaving. OP, I've wanted to do similar things when I was younger too because I didn't get along with my family, maybe you should go to the doctors and ask to be referred to CAMHS for cognitive behavioural therapy so you can work on your social anxiety and any other problems you may be facing. If your parents are emotionally abusive to you and your therapist sees this, a case can be opened with social services or, if your family are willing, you can undergo family therapy.

I'll think about that, thanks :3
Original post by SlightlySummer
How do you know you will definitely be allowed to stay there and work there?

So in order for me to stay there, I need to be able to complete the UDI forms and stuff while being there
Original post by Shaolin~Chan
Just so you know my background story, my parents have physically and emotionally abused me when I was younger and now it's just emotional abuse. I don't want to live here anymore.

You need to talk to someone and report it. E.g. childline or the police. You can’t just run away as your boyfriend could get into big trouble and it would end up worse for you. If you report it, you can get out of the family home legally and without potentially becoming homeless.. you also don’t know how it’s going to end up with the whole Brexit thing so you’d potentially need a visa in future. Report it and I’m sorry that that’s been happening to you xx
Original post by spanglishgirl151
You need to talk to someone and report it. E.g. childline or the police. You can’t just run away as your boyfriend could get into big trouble and it would end up worse for you. If you report it, you can get out of the family home legally and without potentially becoming homeless.. you also don’t know how it’s going to end up with the whole Brexit thing so you’d potentially need a visa in future. Report it and I’m sorry that that’s been happening to you xx

I talked with childline, they said I could leave right away, legally.
n

I talked with childline, they said I could leave right away, legally.

and go where exactly?
Just so you know my background story, my parents have physically and emotionally abused me when I was younger and now it's just emotional abuse. I don't want to live here anymore.

Your boyfriend could be more dangerous than your parents. You can receive help, maybe if you call social services? I wish i did but oh well... please take care of yourself. u can run away but people who are trustworthy
Original post by NoTearsLeftToCry
Your boyfriend could be more dangerous than your parents. You can receive help, maybe if you call social services? I wish i did but oh well... please take care of yourself. u can run away but people who are trustworthy

Even if he was dangerous, I'll have my phone with me so I can call the police and I can also speak Norwegian so that's an advantage.
n

and go where exactly?

They said that I can go to Norway if I have to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending