The Student Room Group

Do I have any chance of getting into MiT?

I have GPA 5 in both O and A levels but not that many ECAs.........I am currently looking for more opportunities for ECAs to increase my chances of getting admitted. Any help will be much appreciated.

So, my O level results was 7A* and 1A and in A levels 3A* and 1A....and a C in psychology (extra)
I'll be sitting for the SATs and subject Tests on December (I dunno if that's too late)

For ECAs: I am currently tutoring a student of A levels. I am learning Japanese and a few computer languages including C.
I am doing adruino projects on my own.
I have a page where I do graphics designing and book covers for clients for free....
I attended a filmmaking workshop where we made a short film and I was the director.....
I won the maths Olympiad every time at my school......I dunno if that counts...
and....I will be joining a course for photography....

That's all.....I didn't win any national awards coz I never got the chance to take part in one
Original post by Medusa56
I have GPA 5 in both O and A levels but not that many ECAs.........I am currently looking for more opportunities for ECAs to increase my chances of getting admitted. Any help will be much appreciated.

So, my O level results was 7A* and 1A and in A levels 3A* and 1A....and a C in psychology (extra)
I'll be sitting for the SATs and subject Tests on December (I dunno if that's too late)

For ECAs: I am currently tutoring a student of A levels. I am learning Japanese and a few computer languages including C.
I am doing adruino projects on my own.
I have a page where I do graphics designing and book covers for clients for free....
I attended a filmmaking workshop where we made a short film and I was the director.....
I won the maths Olympiad every time at my school......I dunno if that counts...
and....I will be joining a course for photography....

That's all.....I didn't win any national awards coz I never got the chance to take part in one

Moved to the North American study forum :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Interrobang
Moved to the North American study forum :smile:

Thanks
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
If you're a senior, taking the SAT stuff in december is completely fine, you'll meet the general admission deadline easily. Honestly, getting into US universities (particularly MIT) is insanely hard. They had 4300 international applicants and accepted around 120 of them. Your ECAs aren't bad, but if you're a junior you should try doing some competitions etc to make your application better.
Reply 4
Original post by hoixw
If you're a senior, taking the SAT stuff in december is completely fine, you'll meet the general admission deadline easily. Honestly, getting into US universities (particularly MIT) is insanely hard. They had 4300 international applicants and accepted around 120 of them. Your ECAs aren't bad, but if you're a junior you should try doing some competitions etc to make your application better.

Thanks 🤗🤗🤗
I am trying my best to look for more competitions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending