Oscarisapenguin2
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Anyone got any tips for blocking out noise ?
The study room is so freaking loud and I can not get my notes done. I’ve got so much work to do and telling them to be quiet doesn’t work.
Someone pls help!

cfhurley
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Buy a pair of earplugs. I find them to be a massive help!
Oscarisapenguin2
Rep:
?
Yeah I’ve stolen (I mean borrowed... cough) my brothers supposedly sound proof headphones but I don’t think they work. Hopefully I’ll be getting my pay check next week so I might invest in something a bit more powerful in the realm of sound blocking
Seris
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Go to your local library?
Oscarisapenguin2
Rep:
?
It’s less of a problem outside of school times since my house is nice and quiet... it’s just when I’m at school I’ve got lots of free periods and I want to complete all my y13 work in my free periods and my y12 revision work after school.
So my in school time is very valuable to making sure I succeed this year.
TheRealSaifali
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
wearing earplugs doesnt help you study any better actually worse in my opinion, i would suggest finding a room your teacher will let you study in by yourself or with a few friends
Oscarisapenguin2
Rep:
?
I have a teacher that has an open door policy so I could ask him if I could use his room during free periods.
cfhurley
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Oscarisapenguin2)
Yeah I’ve stolen (I mean borrowed... cough) my brothers supposedly sound proof headphones but I don’t think they work. Hopefully I’ll be getting my pay check next week so I might invest in something a bit more powerful in the realm of sound blocking
Honestly, try a pair of earplugs before you drop any serious cash. They're only a few quid and you'd be surprised at how effective they are.
Oscarisapenguin2
Rep:
?
Oh I just realised the kind you meant! Are there any in particular you’d suggest?
cfhurley
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TheRealSaifali)
wearing earplugs doesnt help you study any better actually worse in my opinion, i would suggest finding a room your teacher will let you study in by yourself or with a few friends
Well, they help me study.
TheRealSaifali
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by cfhurley)
Well, they help me study.
maybe just me, if i wear them for longer than 30 minutes i have a ringing tone in my ear and a mild headache so i always avoid.
Glaz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Turn your earphones up really loud
lordjohnnyball
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Is there a library at your school? If there is then it would be a good idea to study and do your notes at the library. If that doesn’t work I’m afraid I don’t have any other advice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (201)
23.96%
Pop (208)
24.79%
Jazz (33)
3.93%
Classical (46)
5.48%
Hip-Hop (162)
19.31%
Electronic (57)
6.79%
Indie (132)
15.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise