Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

2020 University of Edinburgh Applicants

Scroll to see replies

i am interested..... how i will apply?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by rebellionium
Anyone applying for math and computer science? Edinburgh has a relatively low entry requirement, only AAA, which is lower than other unis in similar rankings. They don't have admission tests too. Wonder how are they going to choose applicants when most of them has good grades? Based on ps and references?

Their standard entry requirement is actually A*AA- ABB ( in one set of exams) and most of the offers will be at the top of that ( Lower offers tend to be for hiding access applicants) https://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/undergraduate/degrees/index.php?action=view&code=GG14
They do tend to consider PS etc as most of the applicants will have very good grades
Reply 42
Original post by blue.stripes
Has anyone applied yet and had offers/acknowledgements?

Applied on 7/9 and didn't get any acknowledgement from Edi (my friend hasn't either)
Original post by Mirai609
Applied on 7/9 and didn't get any acknowledgement from Edi (my friend hasn't either)

I applied on the same day and haven’t either 🤷🏼
Original post by michellegold8

So weird, doesn't Edinburgh use an applicant portal?
Reply 45
BSc psychology

Haven’t totally decided on other choices yet
Reply 46
Original post by michellegold8

Just got the acknowledgement email, rn I'm waiting for the myEd login details

Christ that took a while. I'm still waiting for the acknowledgement, for all my choices except one lmao.
Original post by rebellionium
Anyone applying for math and computer science? Edinburgh has a relatively low entry requirement, only AAA, which is lower than other unis in similar rankings. They don't have admission tests too. Wonder how are they going to choose applicants when most of them has good grades? Based on ps and references?

entry for maths and computer science is actually A*AA, similar to other courses :smile: i visited last saturday so that’s definitely right!
Reply 49
Christ that took a while. I'm still waiting for the acknowledgement, for all my choices except one lmao.

I still haven't received the acknowledgement from 2 of my choices (Strathclyde and Aberdeen). I'm not worrying too much, there's plenty of time to receive emails until decision time lol
I still haven't received the acknowledgement from 2 of my choices (Strathclyde and Aberdeen). I'm not worrying too much, there's plenty of time to receive emails until decision time lol

When I applied in 2017, I had acknowledgements from Glasgow, Strathclyde, GCU and UWS within a week haha. This time is just so different I think. Because I'm applying for medicine, I kind of expected that since we're nearing the deadline, it wouldn't take so long to acknowledge. Ah well!
Will I get an unconditional offer for compsci with 5 As at Higher (plus a decent PS)? Thanks.
Original post by Blobfish12345
Will I get an unconditional offer for compsci with 5 As at Higher (plus a decent PS)? Thanks.

Seems likely. Do they have any S6 conditions? And do your teachers think your PS is decent too?
Seems likely. Do they have any S6 conditions? And do your teachers think your PS is decent too?

Thanks. I hope to get all A’s at AH. Maths, mechanics and physics. I’ve won an international coding comp (Coderdojo)) and reached merit at UKMT kangaroo twice, plus three crest awards so I have lots to speak about

Same! It seems we got it at the same time lol
Finally got my acknowledgement and portal login yesterday. Applied on 14/09 x
I’m hopefully applying to Biology!

I’m also applying to St. Andrews, Durham, Bath and York so I’m kind of giving myself a hard time😅. Got AAAAA in my SQA in my Highers so hopefully I get offers back from most of my choices.

Wish everyone else applying luck! Looking forward to maybe meeting some of you in the future!
Edinburgh is my 2nd choice for Meng in Chemical Engineering, predicted AAB :smile:
Hi guysss I've applied for Politics and History and have also applied to Oxford, Manchester, LSE and Edinburgh.

Is anyone else applying from England?
Original post by KevTheDino
Hi guysss I've applied for Politics and History and have also applied to Oxford, Manchester, LSE and Edinburgh.

Is anyone else applying from England?

Me! I've applied to 3 Scottish Uni's...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending