Part time VS Full time Masters @ SOAS Watch

masriya-ixv
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey all. In need of some advice. I'm due to start a full time MA in International Studies & Diplomacy. I've heard it's really intense and from a financial perspective, even with Student Finance, I'm kind of hoping i'll run into a couple of thousand pounds - either by killing myself to work (and study which I personally find really difficult, or trying to borrow from somewhere) just to cover my tuition fees.
Therefore, I'm thinking about going part time, so I can space it out, work and study, save up enough money, afford everyday living costs and, actually get involved in student life (which I didn't do throughout my undergrad). However, i'm not sure if part time will feel too dragged out. I just can't decide!
Any advice??
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by masriya-ixv)
Hey all. In need of some advice. I'm due to start a full time MA in International Studies & Diplomacy. I've heard it's really intense and from a financial perspective, even with Student Finance, I'm kind of hoping i'll run into a couple of thousand pounds - either by killing myself to work (and study which I personally find really difficult, or trying to borrow from somewhere) just to cover my tuition fees.
Therefore, I'm thinking about going part time, so I can space it out, work and study, save up enough money, afford everyday living costs and, actually get involved in student life (which I didn't do throughout my undergrad). However, i'm not sure if part time will feel too dragged out. I just can't decide!
Any advice??
You should place more importance on your personal circumstances. If you cannot fund a full time course or do not have the time to balance work with your studies, then part time course would be better. Whilst you are concerned about the course feeling too "dragged out", this will allow you to live more comfortably, having the money and the time to ensure you concentrate on your Masters well. Another alternative would be to take some time out and get a full time job, save up some money so you are more financially stable, and then go on to do the full time course later on in the future.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate