Nexplanton implant Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello, I have been on the implant for 2 months now and have no experienced any periods of anything, and on Wednesday last week I experienced a brown discharge "blood" and have a had to put pant liners on my pants. Is this normal or something wrong, it's been going on for about 5 days now and I have bad tummy pains as well
KingofUnis
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello, I have been on the implant for 2 months now and have no experienced any periods of anything, and on Wednesday last week I experienced a brown discharge "blood" and have a had to put pant liners on my pants. Is this normal or something wrong, it's been going on for about 5 days now and I have bad tummy pains as well
I know from my current and previous girlfriends experiences that the implant really messes up your cycles. The pattern seems to be that you don't have a period for a few months then you eventually have a really long period.

If you have brown discharge it may be because the blood that is in it is old. Maybe you had a period but it was so light that it never made it out of the cervix. Your body may now be producing discharge to clean that old menstruation out of there, hence discharge mixed with browny coloured blood.

Basically the responsible answer to your question is to book in to see your doctor again. However, I have never met somebody who has had the implant and carried on having normal periods so I wouldn't be too alarmed, it's probably normal. But do ask your doctor.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (2)
22.22%
Disagree (0)
0%
Neither agree or disagree (0)
0%
Agree (4)
44.44%
Strongly Agree (3)
33.33%

Watched Threads