The Student Room Group

'Study finds 1 in 1,000 black men and boys can expect to die as a result of police vi

Scroll to see replies

Are you trying to justify the shooting of criminals? :colonhash:
Reply 41
Original post by CoolCavy
Absolutely agree, same with how 'nazi' etc is thrown around.

Of course, they don''t turn up on Doctor Who or the BBC's Education channel for young people by mere chance. At school, kids learn a lot more about the evils of Nazism than Communism. One thing follows the other, Momentum make no bones about getting them as early as they can. When creatures like Lammy call Brexiteers Nazis, that is supposed to tell them all they need to know and it will work on many. Everyone standing in the way of the far-left is a Nazi, basically.
(edited 4 years ago)
My daughter has just gone through school and is starting uni next week.
She learnt all about the Nazis and 6 million dead but absolutely nothing about the Communists and 60 million dead.

The left have learned nothing from the Pakistani granny and the Nazi skinhead on the seesaw. That depiction of potential leave voters must have cost them god knows how many votes from the as yet undecided.
When everyone is a Nazi , nobody is a Nazi.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by Just my opinion
My daughter has just gone through school and is starting uni next week.
She learnt all about the Nazis and 6 million dead but absolutely nothing about the Communists and 60 million dead.

I had thread on it once, one of those where everyone just runs out of the room shouting 'conspiracy theory'. The far-left are not the dumbest, people who think Dr. Who ended up chasing inter-galactic Nazis for lack of something better to do... they're even dumber than the far-left.
Original post by SlightlySummer
Your comment suggests that only black men commit crimes :confused:

How so?
Reply 45
Original post by AngeryPenguin
A new study finds that about 1 in 1,000 black men and boys can expect to die as a result of police violence over the course of their lives a risk that's about 2.5 times higher than their white peers.

During the study period, police use of force accounted for 1.6% of all deaths of black men between the ages of 20 and 24. However, police violence accounted for just 0.5% of deaths of white and Asian American men in that age range.

“We need to do a much better job on monitoring the interactions of our police officers as they’re going about their daily duties,” he said. “I think we would be foolish to believe that we have solved to any great extent the issue of racial profiling in this country regarding police.”

https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2019-08-15/police-shootings-are-a-leading-cause-of-death-for-black-men

Agreed. But here come all the other people with "But BlAcK on BlAcK cRiMe"
Original post by Anjn
Agreed. But here come all the other people with "But BlAcK on BlAcK cRiMe"

shocking isn't it... that non-racist people are more concerned about the crime that kills many times more people.

I can't imagine what type of racist it would take to care more about a smaller number of white-black killings, then black-black killings. To have such a focus on race that the much smaller issue becomes more important than the far larger problem, just because of the race of one part of the problem..
From the Washington post......
"The number of deadly police shootings of unarmed people has generally declined since 2015 even as the tally of fatal shootings by law enforcement is on pace to hit nearly 1,000 for the fourth year in a row, according to data gathered by The Washington Post.

Fatal shootings of unarmed black men such as the high-profile case in March of Stephon Clark in Sacramento are among the kinds of killings that have fallen. Criminologists said the downturn in the number of cases and their analysis of the data indicate that evidence of racial bias by police who shoot and kill unarmed blacks has also declined but not disappeared.

“These trends mark significant changes,” said Geoff Alpert, a professor in the department of criminology and criminal justice at the University of South Carolina who has been reviewing and studying the data at The Post’s request. “What we don’t understand yet is what’s causing these numbers to move downward.
In 2015, police shot and killed 94 unarmed individuals, a number that fell to 51 in 2016 before rising to 68 in 2017. This year, police have shot and killed 18 unarmed people, eight fewer than at the same time last year.

Academics warn against over-interpreting the data relating to a decline of evidence of bias. The numbers are so small, they said, that even a few cases recorded in error could produce a different result.
The Post researchers began tracking deadly police shootings in 2015 after the fatal shooting by police of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo. Information about shootings is gleaned from news reports and other public sources and compiled in a publicly available database.
The 2014 death of Brown, an unarmed black man, sparked nationwide protests and scrutiny of the use of deadly force by police. In March, the shooting of Clark reignited the debate. Police shot him in the back yard of his grandmother’s home. Clark, a 22-year-old black man, was unarmed and holding a cellphone. The shooting was captured by police body cameras and in helicopter video.
The ongoing Post project has found that police have shot and killed 3,309 people since 2015, or more than twice as many fatal shootings per year as the average reported by the FBI. Of those killed, 231, or 7 percent, were not armed with guns, knives or other objects that could be used as weapons at the time of the shootings, according to the data."
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Occitanie
How so?

Pretty obvious how
Pretty obvious how

Enlighten me.
Original post by Occitanie
Enlighten me.

Like I said, it’s obvious. The poster should’ve simply said men, why try and bring race into it?
Like I said, it’s obvious. The poster should’ve simply said men, why try and bring race into it?

The thread is about black men specifically lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending