How can I swap university accommodation with someone? Watch

FutureMissMRCS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I know someone who would like to swap accommodation with me, how can we make this officially happen?Their accommodation is more expensive than mine and I have already paid my deposit.
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by FutureMissMRCS)
I know someone who would like to swap accommodation with me, how can we make this officially happen?Their accommodation is more expensive than mine and I have already paid my deposit.
Have you talked to who is in charge of student accommodation at your university?
RDKGames
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Email or otherwise contact your university's accomodation department along with the person you wish to swap with.
FutureMissMRCS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by cheesecakelove)
Have you talked to who is in charge of student accommodation at your university?
(Original post by RDKGames)
Email or otherwise contact your university's accomodation department along with the person you wish to swap with.
When I wanted to switch my accommodation,they said there are no rooms left on campus and wouldn't allow me to switch but then I found someone who wants to swap with me.So if I email them with the person who wants to swap with me,can the switch happen?
RDKGames
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
When I wanted to switch my accommodation,they said there are no rooms left on campus and wouldn't allow me to switch but then I found someone who wants to swap with me.So if I email them with the person who wants to swap with me,can the switch happen?
It's ultimately up to the accomodation people. If they say no then you can't.

You need to ask them about SWAPPING with someone who's happy to do it, not finding a new room. So yes get in touch with them about this! It's not uncommon for people to swap accomodation so I think they will allow it.
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you have found someone that wants to swap, you should inform the person in charge of accommodation, who should then give you more information on how to process and arrange the swap.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?