?
Report 1 week ago
the bear was tsr a waste of time for you
LostLioness
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have learnt (still taking lessons) how to be rude to people. So no, not a waste of my time entirely.

Edit: Although I probably should be studying more often than I am posting on the site.
Last edited by LostLioness; 1 week ago
harrysbar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by steamed-hams)
the bear was tsr a waste of time for you
I hope not because the bear is the only thing keeping Oxford Mum and I going sometimes
Legally Jasmine
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by LostLioness)
I have learnt (still taking lessons) how to be rude to people. So no, not a waste of my time entirely.

Edit: Although I probably should be studying more often than I am posting on the site.
Hahah, I get that.

There is a direct correlation between the time I spend on here and the amount of tasks I have, it's sad :')

If I don't get my sh*t together, will definitely be deleting my account (again lol) for uni.
LostLioness
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Legally Jasmine)
Hahah, I get that.

There is a direct correlation between the time I spend on here and the amount of tasks I have, it's sad :')

If I don't get my sh*t together, will definitely be deleting my account (again lol) for uni.
How many times do you plan on deleting accounts? (don't leave!!!) I know what you mean though, I keep deleting social media thinking I will be more productive, but then there are always other ways I will actively seek that destroy my concentration.

I wanted to delete mine some time ago too, until I realised it is nice to talk to students online who are honest about their experiences. Friends and classmates - in my experience - invariably become toxic and competitive. Anyways, there are some really helpful people on the site and I am incredibly clueless so I need all the advice I can get.
Last edited by LostLioness; 1 week ago
Legally Jasmine
Rep:
?
How many times do you plan on deleting accounts? (don't leave!!!) I know what you mean though, I keep deleting social media thinking I will be more productive, but then there are always other ways I will actively seek that destroy my concentration.

I wanted to delete mine some time ago too, until I realised it is nice to talk to students online who are honest about their experiences. Friends and classmates - in my experience - invariably become toxic and competitive. Anyways, there are some really helpful people on the site and I am incredibly clueless so I need all the advice I can get.
As many times that will give me the illusion that I'm a focused and serious person, till I realise that deleting TSR just means I'll just find another way to procrastinate (even if it's staring at walls) :lol:

**Tbf though, deleting it in March was actually pretty useful (but please don't do the same).

That's very truee actually. I think then it's just a matter of self-discipline (lol) in terms of how we spend our time on here and for how long.
Last edited by Legally Jasmine; 1 week ago
The Mogg
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Absolutely this is a waste of time, but wasting time is a speciality of mine so that's why I'm here so often.
LostLioness
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That's very truee actually. I think then it's just a matter of self-discipline (lol) in terms of how we spend our time on here and for how long.
Talking about self-discipline, I lack it so entirely. I am honestly so bad when it comes to being in control of my actions. Recently though I am coming to realise that the whole "OMG WHAT IS UP WITH ME, WHY AM I LIKE THIS" mentality is simply a way of subtlety disregarding the fact that we are in control and thus we need to take responsibility for our actions. It just so happens that there are like 5 different people living inside of me, each with a mind of their own. So one moment I am motivated, next working, soon after crying, a little bit later writing and then mostly doing **** all.
I AM GROOT 1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Talking about self-discipline, I lack it so entirely. I am honestly so bad when it comes to being in control of my actions. Recently though I am coming to realise that the whole "OMG WHAT IS UP WITH ME, WHY AM I LIKE THIS" mentality is simply a way of subtlety disregarding the fact that we are in control and thus we need to take responsibility for our actions. It just so happens that there are like 5 different people living inside of me, each with a mind of their own. So one moment I am motivated, next working, soon after crying, a little bit later writing and then mostly doing **** all.
That’s what A levels do to you :lol:
LostLioness
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by I AM GROOT 1)
That’s what A levels do to you :lol:
Or I am just insane.
What year are you in? *shamelessly starts chatting because it's not like she has work to do*
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
I hope not because the bear is the only thing keeping Oxford Mum and I going sometimes
keeping me and OM going sometimes
Legally Jasmine
Rep:
?
I am the exact same way!! It feels like it’s a constant battle of what I want to do and this thing (ego?) that is constantly trying to sabotage me. Trapped within my own self (as much as this makes me sound like an angsty teenager).

What you’re feeling is what I felt in the last months leading up to my exams and it really screwed with my exam and school performance. I think what I realize now is that this tends to happen when you spend too much time by yourself and/ or worrying. The more I isolated myself the more my productivity and sanity declined. I’d think that saying no to going out with my friends meant that I’d be more productive and focused when really it had a negative effect on me. I stopped going to the gym and playing the sports I love all in the pursuit of doing better academically when it really just was self-sabotage.

Is this what’s going on with you?

One of My friends achieved a final grade in the 40s for the IB externals (keep in mind she used to get low grades) and she attributes it to finding the balance, staying focused and on top of her tasks and not wasting time at all. She made time to go out (once a week), exercised almost everyday and this helped her stay on top of her tasks, refuel and be more productive (and happy).

** Sorry for the novel I just wrote, hahah. It’s just that what you described is too close to heart.
Last edited by Legally Jasmine; 1 week ago
stenamb5
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Deyesy)
Project planning, leadership, content creation etc.

There's more but I'm at work so

EDIT: I also met my fiancée through here which is pretty big benefit :lol:
Wtf really???
Deyesy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by stenamb5)
Wtf really???
Really what?
Fresher18
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Its a good way to waste time, I don't want to know how many hours I've wasted on TSR this past few months when I probably should've been doing something more productive but it is a good place to ask and answer questions relating to many things that students/teenagers/young adults will be experiencing and If I can help others using things I've learnt then it makes it worth while.
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Or I am just insane.
What year are you in? *shamelessly starts chatting because it's not like she has work to do*
:rofl: I doubt so we’ve all felt the same way at some point

Just finished A level
I am the exact same way!! It feels like it’s a constant battle of what I want to do and this thing (ego?) that is constantly trying to sabotage me. Trapped within my own self (as much as this makes me sound like an angsty teenager).

What you’re feeling is what I felt in the last months leading up to my exams and it really screwed with my exam and school performance. I think what I realize now is that this tends to happen when you spend too much time by yourself and/ or worrying. The more I isolated myself the more my productivity and sanity declined. I’d think that saying no to going out with my friends meant that I’d be more productive and focused when really it had a negative effect on me. I stopped going to the gym and playing the sports I love all in the pursuit of doing better academically when it really just was self-sabotage. My friends got a in the 40s for the IB externals (keep in mind she used to get low grades) and she attributes it to finding the balance. She made time to go out (once a week), exercised everyday and this helped her stay on top of her tasks and be more productive (and happy).

Is this what’s going on with you (the part I described about myself)?

** Sorry for the novel I just wrote, hahah. It’s just that what you described is too close to heart.
:five: I know what you mean you end up destroying yourself inside
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
keeping me and OM going sometimes
You too?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (41)
7.78%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (308)
58.44%
No (178)
33.78%

Watched Threads