Instant Messaging Online Statuses Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
How do I turn them off? They are driving me insane to a level I can't cope. It's all the trying of guessing what's behind the status message. I don't know how to stop myself trying to guess why it shows online but they don't respond (or knowing they've been online, not responded and gone offline).

A closeish friend has recently changed from always using invisible statuses to online ones and it has really been getting to me this past week.

Platforms I want to turn them off on: Facebook & Discord. I have already changed some settings on Facebook Messenger, however on the website, all it seems to do is grey out the side panel and hide *my* time, but still show everyone elses, when it's everyone elses I want to hide.
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How do I turn them off? They are driving me insane to a level I can't cope. It's all the trying of guessing what's behind the status message. I don't know how to stop myself trying to guess why it shows online but they don't respond (or knowing they've been online, not responded and gone offline).

A closeish friend has recently changed from always using invisible statuses to online ones and it has really been getting to me this past week.

Platforms I want to turn them off on: Facebook & Discord. I have already changed some settings on Facebook Messenger, however on the website, all it seems to do is grey out the side panel and hide *my* time, but still show everyone elses, when it's everyone elses I want to hide.
There isn't really a way to do this. On Facebook you can hide the sidebar and close your chat windows at the bottom which will remove statuses from sight, with Discord there is no option to do this. It just isn't likely a feature there is enough demand for.

If you're finding you are getting stressed/upset by the statuses, it might be worth considering limiting your time on these sites to give yourself a bit of a break. There are browser plugins you can use to block or limit your time on certain sites.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (8)
6.4%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (70)
56%
No (47)
37.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed