The Student Room Group

What degree can I do with an Access in Psychology?

I completed my GCSE’s in June 2017, and took an Aircraft Engineering apprenticeship. I lasted 3 months because I was so badly homesick (I’m from Northern Ireland but was based in England for the apprenticeship). Since then, I’ve been jumping around dead-end jobs and I recently finally gave myself a shake and have decided to do psychology as it was always something I wanted to do. Since I didn’t do A levels, I have to do an Access in Psychology course, which is 2 years part time as I still have to work along side it to bills, etc. I was wondering what degree I can do once I complete the course? I initially looked at a degree in psychology, but am I limited to psychology or what else is out there? Can I do criminology for example? Any help is appreciated, thanks 😊
Reply 1
Is sociology something you could do after completing the Access course? Is that something you may be interested in?

I think that criminology could be an option because I have found that the University of Salford has a course on psychology and criminology. Other universities offer that option, too. Unistats.ac.uk may be a good place to research the course and the universities.

https://beta.salford.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/psychology-and-criminology

Maybe you could ask the College what other degrees you could do?
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending