The_million
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey,
Did anyone get straight 9's for GCSE and if you did what revision methods do you recommend?
Im currently at the start of year 11
yxyxng
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by The_million)
Hey,
Did anyone get straight 9's for GCSE and if you did what revision methods do you recommend?
Im currently at the start of year 11
The best revision method depends on your preferences and what type of learner you are. If you're a visual learner, organise your notes using colourful mind maps and use pictures; if you're an auditory learner, watch videos and listen to podcasts on your subjects. The most important thing is to put effort in. The grades you get at the end of all this isn't as important as making sure that you have no regrets - if you've done everything you can, your grades should just be there to prove that.
The_million
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by yxyxng)
The best revision method depends on your preferences and what type of learner you are. If you're a visual learner, organise your notes using colourful mind maps and use pictures; if you're an auditory learner, watch videos and listen to podcasts on your subjects. The most important thing is to put effort in. The grades you get at the end of all this isn't as important as making sure that you have no regrets - if you've done everything you can, your grades should just be there to prove that.
Thanks alot
hoixw
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I got 8 9s, 2 8s and a 6. Granted its not straight 9s, but its still top 0.05% in the country.

yxyxng is right. I'm very much a rote learner, so going through things a few times and then doing a few questions is more than enough for me. I do the complete opposite of what is recommended - write my notes/flashcards in too much detail, repeating the important stuff a few times. That way I definitely remember the core information and maybe remember some extra. This method probably won't work for anyone else though lol, so do what works for you. And do lots of practice qs - particularly for the sciences, maths etc. They definitely helped on the handful of topics I struggled with.

Also, to be honest the best way to get straight 9s is also to stop aiming for them. I know this might sound weird, but the chances of you getting straight 9s are about 1 in 100,000, and its undue pressure on yourself for something that literally won't matter once you start your degree.
Last edited by hoixw; 1 week ago
yxyxng
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by The_million)
Thanks alot
No problem
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (39)
7.6%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (299)
58.28%
No (175)
34.11%

Watched Threads