Dream3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Who’s coming to the University of Reading this academic year (2019/20)? What’s your story (in relation to coming to Reading), What Course are you studying?, Have you got a place in halls?, Did you get in through clearing? Etc. Let’s all chat!
skkkkkkkkr
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hey! I’m going to be staying in Bridges and my course is graphic communication. What about you ?
Dream3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hey! I haven’t even got accommodation yet it’s a joke! But I’m trying to sort it out because they offered me Kendrick but thats too far away from the campus and expensive and there’s some other issues too. I’m doing classics!
Advertisement
skkkkkkkkr
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
aw i hope everything gets sorted out quickly for you! btw have you bought a freshers wristband ? I’m stressing over which one to buy, 🤗
Dream3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Thank you! Omg when I found out about wristbands I was like tf I never heard of those and knew that you have to buy them online coz I thought they’d tell you everything when you enrol in freshers week! I was like omg is there other things that I’m unaware of and that gave me some anxiety. But I’m sure everything is fine and it’s normal to feel this way and I know everything I need to know lol. But I know about the wristbands now and just so you know they said there’s only one wristband and others are fake. Just buy the one advertised by reading.
Advertisement
skkkkkkkkr
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
haha omg i was the same!! now i kinda know what’s going on, but i think there are 2 wristbands. One for the individual halls, and then one for the students union. So confusing isn’t it smh 🤦*♀️🤦*♀️
Rediah01
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by skkkkkkkkr)
haha omg i was the same!! now i kinda know what’s going on, but i think there are 2 wristbands. One for the individual halls, and then one for the students union. So confusing isn’t it smh 🤦*♀️🤦*♀️
Omg there are??? I only saw one? This freshers week stuff is really confusing, i thought we would be given some sort of information at least?
Advertisement
skkkkkkkkr
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
yeh it’s so confusing!! There’s a reading student union wristband for 5 days, and then there’s a different freshers fest wristband for 2 weeks. 🤦🏼*♀️
Anonymous #1
Report 5 days ago
yeh it’s so confusing!! There’s a reading student union wristband for 5 days, and then there’s a different freshers fest wristband for 2 weeks. 🤦🏼*♀️
I'm gonna go for the one by the student union because it says that is the only official one and I'd rather be on campus. And it's cheaper
Advertisement
skkkkkkkkr
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
tbh i think most people will get the student union one 🤗 who knows lol
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm gonna go for the one by the student union because it says that is the only official one and I'd rather be on campus. And it's cheaper
Anonymous #2
Report 4 days ago
tbh i think most people will get the student union one 🤗 who knows lol
which areyou gonna get. i got the rusu one now it just seems better for me. and it has the freshers ball part of it
Advertisement
UniofReading
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hi everyone,

I hope your all excited for freshers, not long now!
I would recommend getting the union wristband as it is the university endorsed band. If you are worried about what you’re flat mates may get then I would recommend using the halls Facebook pages to find you’re flat mates. This way you can see what they are going for.

One thing I would say is don’t panic about wristbands, they aren’t the be all or end all of your freshers experience. You will have a great freshers regardless!

Let me know if you have any other questions,
Ellen 😊
3rd Year Speech and Language Therapy and Student Ambassador.
skkkkkkkkr
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
on my flat mate group chat most ppl can’t decide , so i’ve just bought both. I managed to get super early bird but i still hope the price is worth it.
Advertisement
Anonymous #1
Report 3 days ago
on my flat mate group chat most ppl can’t decide , so i’ve just bought both. I managed to get super early bird but i still hope the price is worth it.
How did you get super early bird if you just brought it now
marcus_goosey
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Can anyone link me to the flat mate group on Facebook? I’m in one but it seems empty? Nobody’s posted anything?
Anonymous #1
Report 2 days ago
Just off topic but I'm really confused about my accomadation. Did you guys request single gender or mixed?
UniofReading
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by marcus_goosey)
Can anyone link me to the flat mate group on Facebook? I’m in one but it seems empty? Nobody’s posted anything?
Hi there Marcus,

I am not not sure which group is the best to join, but if you join as many of the University of Reading 2019/2020 freshers pages on Facebook I am sure that you will find a relevant page. I have just searched and found at least 4 pages.

Hopefully once accepted you will find some flatmates but not everybody joins these pages. Around 60% of my flatmates were in one of these groups.

I hope that this helps! If I can help any other way please let me know.

Ella 😊
3rd year Primary Education and student ambassador
Advertisement
fdfhgfnghjyu
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Does anyone know someone who wants to be released from their tenancy? I've been emailed recently saying that all halls are full and I literally have no clue what to do about it as the uni is just too far to commute everday.
UniofReading
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I’m sorry about your current situation and I wish you the best of luck in finding a solution.

I wonder if you have contacted the accommodation office as they should be able to offer you the best advice about next steps. You can reach them at: [email protected] k
Or 0118 378 4203

You could try private housing/halls as a possible solution should you not have any luck with university halls. These would be my best bets but I should contact the accommodation team for the most up-to-date advice.

Good luck!

Ella
Student ambassador and 3rd year primary education student
Cullie2000
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by fdfhgfnghjyu)
Does anyone know someone who wants to be released from their tenancy? I've been emailed recently saying that all halls are full and I literally have no clue what to do about it as the uni is just too far to commute everday.
Did you get offered hotel accommodation short term (max 3 weeks) until a room in halls (possibly) comes up?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Reading
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 5 Oct '19
  • University of Reading
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 12 Oct '19

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (201)
24.19%
Pop (206)