maxiwp
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I do 3 A levels, I’m a week into them. If I change from English Literature to Philosophy will I have to change my other classes? I’ve settled really well and I’m worried that I’d have to have a new timetable where I have to find new classes so that philosophy can fit into it.
jgao22
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
it depends if Philosophy clashes with one of your other subjects. If its a straight swap or it fits into your free periods then it will be fine. If it does clash, you'll have to move into other classes for your subjects to accommodate your decision .
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by maxiwp)
I do 3 A levels, I’m a week into them. If I change from English Literature to Philosophy will I have to change my other classes? I’ve settled really well and I’m worried that I’d have to have a new timetable where I have to find new classes so that philosophy can fit into it.
Should be completely fine.

As an aside, you could consider doing A level Religious Studies instead of Philosophy. I always encourage this to students because it's much, much easier all the while being extremely interesting. Most of it really is common sense. It has a lot of philosophy in it as well (ethics and morality) and, in fact, it usually goes by the name of A level Religious Studies and Ethics.

I'd highly encourage RS just because of how poorly so many students do in Philosophy and how much easier it is.
maxiwp
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thank you, yeah I’m definitely considering Religious Studies after what you’ve said about it, I’ll have to talk to the college and see what I can do, applications to change subject start on Monday and hopefully I’ll be first in line to transfer to Religious Studies, I’ve done some research on it and it does sound very interesting, again, thank you
(Original post by Quick-use)
Should be completely fine.

As an aside, you could consider doing A level Religious Studies instead of Philosophy. I always encourage this to students because it's much, much easier all the while being extremely interesting. Most of it really is common sense. It has a lot of philosophy in it as well (ethics and morality) and, in fact, it usually goes by the name of A level Religious Studies and Ethics.

I'd highly encourage RS just because of how poorly so many students do in Philosophy and how much easier it is.
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by maxiwp)
Thank you, yeah I’m definitely considering Religious Studies after what you’ve said about it, I’ll have to talk to the college and see what I can do, applications to change subject start on Monday and hopefully I’ll be first in line to transfer to Religious Studies, I’ve done some research on it and it does sound very interesting, again, thank you
You're most welcome!

It truly is a fantastic subject and I really wish it was more widely taught in schools. And, you'll hopefully be in line for a fantastic grade as well. :rambo:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (4)
26.67%
I'm not sure (0)
0%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (4)
26.67%
I have already dropped out (1)
6.67%
I'm not a current university student (6)
40%

Watched Threads