i dont know whats wrong with me Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm a very anxious person and can get really overwhelmed in social situations. I'm at a new school for the past year and I've made no friends. when I'm in a situation when I'm surrounded by people and have nothing to distract me, like school work, I can get really out of breath, really panicky, I find myself getting a bit dizzy and having to tap the table and my legs begin to shake. I havent been diagnosed with anything but I feel as though something is wrong and I have no one that I can talk to.

as well as this I bite my nails a lot. to the point where they bleed or where there is no nail left, just the skin underneath. I also bit the skin around. I have been getting infections under them for a few weeks now it's gotten that bad. it's not even like I do it on purpose, I dont even realise I'm doing it, it's like I cant even feel the pain that I'm causing myself.

I have also this past year developed this "cough", which isnt a real cough. I do it when I'm out and about, around people. I didnt even realise I was doing it until my sister pointed out how annoying it was. I even find that I do it when I'm on my own, walking my dogs when no ones around. its definitely not a real cough and I dont know why I'm doing it. I've tried to stop it but I dont know how as I dont even realise that I'm doing it.

my whole life I have also had the habit of biting the inside of my cheek. again I dont even realise it until the point where I can taste blood in my mouth but for some reason I keep on doing it, again it's like I cant even feel the pain.

I find it really hard to talk to people, I just get so nervous and always say the wrong thing, even though I've already played the conversation out in my head a hundred times. I cant even talk to people on the phone or message people because I dont even know what to say or how to respond. the very though of having to talk to someone just freaks me out, I get so nervous and I just don't know what to do with myself. I tend to use my family members as my voice, eventhough they hate it. they just don't understand that I cant do it for myself. they try to encourage me to be more confident but Im not even sure if it is just that, I think its more. every time I mention that something more could be going on to my parents I just get shut down immediately, like its not even a possibility to them. they just think im overreacting or looking too much into it. I feel like I cant even talk them as the same thing happens. my heart starts racing, I feel really anxious and nervous and I dont even know what to say as everytime I do suggest something im constantly getting shut down.

im almost 18 and ive been like this my whole life

i was just wondering if anyone has any advice or know what this could be as it is taking over my life and i want to be more confident and not be like this anymore.

I want a life outside of my own head, someone that I can talk to without replaying the conversation over and over in my head. I want to feel comfortable around people. I just want a normal life.
biggyK
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So I’m basically exactly the same; I am an anxious mess however you can help yourself.

I will be open and honest with you.

I go bright red, sweat a lot, go faint, dizzy and become lost in my head when it comes to social events.

I can’t even speak to people as I get lost in a fear circle.

Fear of embarrassment, creates anxiety, I then panic and the symptoms start

The doctors can’t help me, I won’t lie. THEY ARE USELESS

The meds don’t work, they don’t explain your condition and leave you to suffer.

The only person who can help yourself is yourself.

I’ve had/have:

Social anxiety
Panic disorder
Agoraphobia
OCD
Health anxiety
Phobia of developing phobia

To treat them it all boils down to one crucial component.

Accept them.

Accept the anxiety, accept the feelings and embrace it.

Look up ‘Claire weekes’ and ‘wonderbro’ on YouTube.

Follow what they say to the T and you will feel benefits.

Learn that you are ‘normal’ and it’s nothing but an illusion. You aren’t broken, you’re just anxious. It’s a normal feeling.

Hope this helps, if you want to talk about anything I’ve said/you want to ask, just let me know

Regards
Kaiix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Fxck everyone else and embrace you.

You the don trust me.
yibby03
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i myself have been in a similar situation as you, but my parents refused to believe there could possibly be anything up with me, even now up to year 12 . i agree with biggyK, the first and most important thing you can do is come to terms with it. then from there on you'll find it easier to learn how to grow as an individual and work your way around your anxiety. it's not abnormal, and it doesn't define you or have any power over you. although it might just sound like i'm saying it for the sake of saying it, don't allow other people OR yourself hold you back or undermine you because of it. you are capable of anything. i also recommend the same youtubers, listening to other people and their experiences will remind you you are not alone hope this helps
k3panda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You have to build your confidence, and one way to do that is finding a hobby that you enjoy
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm a very anxious person and can get really overwhelmed in social situations. I'm at a new school for the past year and I've made no friends. when I'm in a situation when I'm surrounded by people and have nothing to distract me, like school work, I can get really out of breath, really panicky, I find myself getting a bit dizzy and having to tap the table and my legs begin to shake. I havent been diagnosed with anything but I feel as though something is wrong and I have no one that I can talk to.

as well as this I bite my nails a lot. to the point where they bleed or where there is no nail left, just the skin underneath. I also bit the skin around. I have been getting infections under them for a few weeks now it's gotten that bad. it's not even like I do it on purpose, I dont even realise I'm doing it, it's like I cant even feel the pain that I'm causing myself.

I have also this past year developed this "cough", which isnt a real cough. I do it when I'm out and about, around people. I didnt even realise I was doing it until my sister pointed out how annoying it was. I even find that I do it when I'm on my own, walking my dogs when no ones around. its definitely not a real cough and I dont know why I'm doing it. I've tried to stop it but I dont know how as I dont even realise that I'm doing it.

my whole life I have also had the habit of biting the inside of my cheek. again I dont even realise it until the point where I can taste blood in my mouth but for some reason I keep on doing it, again it's like I cant even feel the pain.

I find it really hard to talk to people, I just get so nervous and always say the wrong thing, even though I've already played the conversation out in my head a hundred times. I cant even talk to people on the phone or message people because I dont even know what to say or how to respond. the very though of having to talk to someone just freaks me out, I get so nervous and I just don't know what to do with myself. I tend to use my family members as my voice, eventhough they hate it. they just don't understand that I cant do it for myself. they try to encourage me to be more confident but Im not even sure if it is just that, I think its more. every time I mention that something more could be going on to my parents I just get shut down immediately, like its not even a possibility to them. they just think im overreacting or looking too much into it. I feel like I cant even talk them as the same thing happens. my heart starts racing, I feel really anxious and nervous and I dont even know what to say as everytime I do suggest something im constantly getting shut down.

im almost 18 and ive been like this my whole life

i was just wondering if anyone has any advice or know what this could be as it is taking over my life and i want to be more confident and not be like this anymore.

I want a life outside of my own head, someone that I can talk to without replaying the conversation over and over in my head. I want to feel comfortable around people. I just want a normal life.
I was exactly in the same position as you, not even lying I can't believe how much of this reminds me of me, im acc crying reading this to have found someone going through something I went through. So, I also came to a new school for year 12, and the first couple of months were awful, went through the same things as you, I would have no friends and at the start I tried to talk to people but since they were there from year 7, they already had friendship groups of their own, I felt even the teachers gave priority to students already there. I would sit in the cafe, all alone with the year 7s staring at me at lunch and break, and eat as fast as I could to go to the library to pretend to read. sometimes, I would eat in the toilet coz I felt so self conscious sitting there in front of loads of people. I had been diagnosed with anxiety, a year before this and given counselling, but after being put on the waiting list for 4 months, and a therapy of 6 weeks there was no point on doing that again. Thats when I found the school counsellor, and honestly after 2 years, she was the only person out of that school that acc helped me through it. I had weekly counselling sessions with her and even thought I had no friends I would try to talk so much my mouth would hurt, the things I couldn't say outside I said eveyring and it was the most I talked when I was there. I really think u should try and contact a teacher at school to seee if they can refer u to someone like a therapist, because it sounds like u have anxiety. the symptoms all match mine, except I didn't have the physical nail biting symptoms, I did develop a stomach ulcer because of this though.
tvshowaddict2112
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Last edited by tvshowaddict2112; 3 days ago
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
I was exactly in the same position as you, not even lying I can't believe how much of this reminds me of me, im acc crying reading this to have found someone going through something I went through. So, I also came to a new school for year 12, and the first couple of months were awful, went through the same things as you, I would have no friends and at the start I tried to talk to people but since they were there from year 7, they already had friendship groups of their own, I felt even the teachers gave priority to students already there. I would sit in the cafe, all alone with the year 7s staring at me at lunch and break, and eat as fast as I could to go to the library to pretend to read. sometimes, I would eat in the toilet coz I felt so self conscious sitting there in front of loads of people. I had been diagnosed with anxiety, a year before this and given counselling, but after being put on the waiting list for 4 months, and a therapy of 6 weeks there was no point on doing that again. Thats when I found the school counsellor, and honestly after 2 years, she was the only person out of that school that acc helped me through it. I had weekly counselling sessions with her and even thought I had no friends I would try to talk so much my mouth would hurt, the things I couldn't say outside I said eveyring and it was the most I talked when I was there. I really think u should try and contact a teacher at school to seee if they can refer u to someone like a therapist, because it sounds like u have anxiety. the symptoms all match mine, except I didn't have the physical nail biting symptoms, I did develop a stomach ulcer because of this though.
I have just been given antibiotics for a stomach ulcer. do you think I could have been because of this? do you really think I could have anxiety? how do you even get it diagnosed? I feel that I cant talk to my school. they're not very supportive or sensitive when it comes to these things. I've tried talking to them about it before but as my sixthform teachers are mainly male and I'm female, I feel that they can find it quite awkward and uncomfortable when talking to me about things like this and I feel the same so I completely understand where they are coming from. I also dont want my parents to find out. they dont believe anything is wrong and I dont want to cause a fuss
Anonymous #2
Report 3 days ago
I have just been given antibiotics for a stomach ulcer. do you think I could have been because of this? do you really think I could have anxiety? how do you even get it diagnosed? I feel that I cant talk to my school. they're not very supportive or sensitive when it comes to these things. I've tried talking to them about it before but as my sixthform teachers are mainly male and I'm female, I feel that they can find it quite awkward and uncomfortable when talking to me about things like this and I feel the same so I completely understand where they are coming from. I also dont want my parents to find out. they dont believe anything is wrong and I dont want to cause a fuss
yes I think you have anxiety. as most of the symptoms youve said are the same experienced by ppl with anxiety but some of them like nail biting and coughing is defo symptoms of ocd. Well, at the start I didn't know it was anxiety, coz my stomach ulcer was caused by stress and social anxiety, I thought it was just something wrong with my body, so my parents took me to the gp and there the gp referred me to camhs and gave me medicine for the ulcer. so only at there the gp diagnosed me. I get what you mean, some ppl just don't understand, but have u used this website called 7 cups, its super useful and there's someone trying to help u always for whatever it is. idk sometimes I find total strangers to be helpful than ppl I know and u won't feel that awkwardness at all cox u can't see them. but I really hope u find the help u need coz anxiety is such an awful experience ppl should be more aware of it, and DW EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT IN THE END!, IK THIS IS A BIT OF A MORBID WAY OF THINKING ABOUT IT, BUT IT MAKES ME FEEL BETTER, SO WHATEVER HAPPENS WE ALL DIE IN THE END AS IN ITS THE SAME DESTINATION AND WE'RE NOT GONNA BE THINKING ABOUT IT WHEN WERE 50 AND OLD, SO JUST BREAAATHE
Anonymous #3
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by biggyK)
The doctors can’t help me, I won’t lie. THEY ARE USELESS

The meds don’t work, they don’t explain your condition and leave you to suffer.

The only person who can help yourself is yourself.

Learn that you are ‘normal’ and it’s nothing but an illusion. You aren’t broken, you’re just anxious. It’s a normal feeling.
I cannot stress how true this is.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (219)
23.7%
Pop (228)
24.68%