_gcx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by kpatel18)
I mean for some of the Russell group unis they would want the best... its like the Ivy League ones just in uk... trust me I would know, my cousin has friends that got amazing a levels but got really low grades in their GCSEs (even the ones that weren't relevant) and weren't accepted because of that..
The application system here is far different to the US, and a lot of the RG isn't comparable to ivy league. (just oxbridge and "top" RGs) GCSEs certainly play a major part in admissions for some universities/subjects, but generally provided someone meets the requirements it isn't a major factor. Even further some courses are not competitive at the point of getting an offer, and with the right predicted grades you're virtually guaranteed an offer. (for example some maths courses have near 100% offer rates)
Rolo1234
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Dexter321)
Don't be worried. Just do your best at A Level. Most important is predicted A level grades. Ultimately, you need to persuade your teachers to have faith in you getting A's and maybe B's. I know at least some courses with Russell Group......and at least as good non Russell Group.....were giving places in clearing with the odd grade C thrown in.
wouldnt I be put at a disadvantage for the amount of gcses I have. My friends are saying that :/
_gcx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Rolo1234)
wouldnt I be put at a disadvantage for the amount of gcses I have. My friends are saying that :/
7 is fine. Would possibly be a concern if you had less than 5.
Rolo1234
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by _gcx)
7 is fine. Would possibly be a concern if you had less than 5.
Oh ok thx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (39)
7.59%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (299)
58.17%
No (176)
34.24%

Watched Threads