Desna
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I find it difficult to get above a 40% for business studies and I have done many past papers. why question is how do I improve my mark is there any tricks or other ways to help me improve my mark before my final exams in a months times
NinjaTurtleDre
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Firstly, the reason why you may not be getting a good mark on your papers is that you are not answering what is being asked of you and even if so you are not going in depth enough with your answers, for example if a question asks you about banks increasing their interest rates what does this mean for businesses? What are the pros and cons of this situation / long term impacts? Really go into detail with the question and break it down into sections as you wish.

Secondly, it also helps alot if you structure your sentences in a logical order i.e definitons ,analysis then evaluation etc. if you know what marks you will be rewarded for then you will understand the material and question more.

Thirdly take a look at top grade student answers, take note on how they have tackled the question e.g again structure and writing style. This may be really obvious but make sure you ask your teacher for feedback everytime you sit a mock exam or just advise in general there's alot of resources now on Youtube to help you get those TOP marks.

Good Luck!
NinjaTurtleDre
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Firstly, the reason why you may not be getting a good mark on your papers is that you are not answering what is being asked of you and even if so you are not going in depth enough with your answers, for example if a question asks you about banks increasing their interest rates what does this mean for businesses? What are the pros and cons of this situation / long term impacts? Really go into detail with the question and break it down into sections as you wish.

Secondly, it also helps alot if you structure your sentences in a logical order i.e definitons ,analysis then evaluation etc. if you know what marks you will be rewarded for then you will understand the material and question more.

Thirdly take a look at top grade student answers, take note on how they have tackled the question e.g again structure and writing style. This may be really obvious but make sure you ask your teacher for feedback everytime you sit a mock exam or just advise in general there's alot of resources now on Youtube to help you get those TOP marks.

Good Luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (30)
5.23%
Uncertainty around my education (67)
11.67%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.5%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
13.07%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (33)
5.75%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (30)
5.23%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (61)
10.63%
Financial worries (36)
6.27%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (23)
4.01%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
5.92%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.61%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (57)
9.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (47)
8.19%

Watched Threads