The Student Room Group

How do I cope being around him after I told him how I felt but he's got a girlfriend?

We were the only ones in our class. He only started talking to me at the end of April but was so easy to talk to. I didn't want to fall for him but it was difficult not to. The last guy I fell for put me through the abuse cycle & broke my heart. A year later I was in no position to look at another guy in that way but with time I felt that I could trust him. I wasn't physically attracted at first but fell for his amazing personality, how he could make me laugh & smile & how he was so kind. I'm not experienced with flirting so this is hard to explain. From my side I was definitely flirting. He never shut me down - instead how he acted completely changed after I flirted. We mainly text about work but my gut told me that I didn't get the same vibes off him over text as in person (know I'm questioning why). I thought it was because he's a bad texter or was busy but it went from taking about 30 minutes to reply to hours, days & then never. I found out he was no longer being in the class but he avoided telling me & made it out as though he was staying. I thought it was because he promised wouldn't leave me & felt bad. We text a bit a few weeks ago but he ignored one message which I thought was because I said thank you for not leaving me & he felt bad. However the text was a bit flirty but nothing I hadn't said in class and he was fine with. I didn't see him for over 2 months due to college. When we went back he was acting different. He couldn't make eye contact when telling the teacher he wasn't coming back and ignored me when I spoke to him. He ignored a message where I said I could help him by giving him notes from last year & then kept staring at me in one of our other classes even when I looked away he was still staring and then looked sad. I said how I felt & also said good luck & to not feel bad about leaving me. All I had back was 'I have a girlfriend x'. I have no idea how long they've been together. This is the first time I've heard anything of him & another girl. I think he's a bit of a flirt as a few days ago he put up photos of him and other girls on snapchat looking close (deleted them almost straight away). I'm confused & don't know how to feel but I have a 2 hour class with him tomorrow & have no clue how to act. If I avoid any eye contact with him at all it makes it seem like I'm really hung up over this (don't want to give that impression) but if I do then it's awkward. & to make clear there's no way I'm still bothering with him if he has a girlfriend.
I would forget about him and move on,He was probably wasting your time if he started ignoring your texts and avoiding you.
He knew he was doing wrong hence why the way he is acting
Original post by Model_Image
I would forget about him and move on,He was probably wasting your time if he started ignoring your texts and avoiding you.

I wouldn’t necessarily say he did anything wrong. Just because he replied originally doesn’t mean he tried to lead her on.

However you are right that she needs to move on as even if he had been interested he clearly isn’t anymore.
Reply 3
Original post by SteveyStack
I wouldn’t necessarily say he did anything wrong. Just because he replied originally doesn’t mean he tried to lead her on.

However you are right that she needs to move on as even if he had been interested he clearly isn’t anymore.

Original post by Model_Image

Thank you both for your replies. Obviously my head is a bit all over the place right now and I'm really confused so I'm not really able to make logical sense of things. I'm not sure if he has done anything wrong but he has been acting like it but I thought that was because he felt bad for leaving me on my own in class. I personally just don't get why he has loads of other girl friends and he's absolutely fine being friends with them but all of a sudden he ignored my message and went weird in person and then I find out he has a girlfriend.
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you both for your replies. Obviously my head is a bit all over the place right now and I'm really confused so I'm not really able to make logical sense of things. I'm not sure if he has done anything wrong but he has been acting like it but I thought that was because he felt bad for leaving me on my own in class. I personally just don't get why he has loads of other girl friends and he's absolutely fine being friends with them but all of a sudden he ignored my message and went weird in person and then I find out he has a girlfriend.

Tbf people don’t know how to deal with people who like them as they don’t want to lead them on. He’s probably trying to distance himself so he doesn’t make you feel more strongly about him, not because he dislikes you
Reply 5
Original post by SteveyStack
Tbf people don’t know how to deal with people who like them as they don’t want to lead them on. He’s probably trying to distance himself so he doesn’t make you feel more strongly about him, not because he dislikes you

I completely get that and I appreciate it if that is the case but he did this before I even told him and the last time we properly spoke in person I flirted with him and he came out of his shell completely. I don't want to say he was flirting back because I'm the worst at recognising that but he definitely didn't shut me down in anyway yet when we text a few weeks later I sent a flirty text basically saying the same thing that I had said to him before and he ignored me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending