Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I suspect I have bipolar, even went to the GP thinking I have ADHD , told them how I couldn't concentrate and can't keep still, how erratic I become sometimes. As the doctor asked more questions, she mentioned depression ( which I can relate with) but I insisted it's more and could be ADHD. She mentioned how ADHD should be from childhood and I agreed with her, we didn't discuss the chances of it being ADD. As we talked more about it , she mentioned bipolar but she didn't really press it on. I mentioned how sometimes I try to do everything at once and sometimes I do nothing at all, how my mood can shift ( hating everyone to being super friendly), it's all irrational. I also get very obsessed over things ( people and certain topics). I get jealous easily and possessive over time I've learned to not mention / show my jealousy to people. I have been surrounded by drama and won't admit but secretly love to create it ( or maybe not, I'm just confused at this point because I'm so surrounded by it). I can't tell who I am anymore, my true intention around people, what I want. I am a walking contradiction and change my opinion and how I feel everyday, really to the point where I don't know what I want? I get so motivated to change my lifestyle, get fit , go out, study hard. I can see myself having the perfect life ( according to myself). But the next day I'll completely lose this and become hateful ( to what my friends are able to do and use this as a motivation to do more kind of toxic I know) but it's just deep down I feel so unworthy and I've tried so hard to change my pattern of thinking and behaviour but I always end up hating everything and getting exhausted or over doing everything and creating confusion. I need tips on how to manage this ****, I don't want to see my GP ( they gave me antidepressants but I don't want that **** makes me feel like crap) and I don't want to be on any drugs.
All Blunt
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The best thing to do is get tested, people do often misdiagnose themselves with bipolar, it isnt just mood swings, it's being at the extremities of low (depression), but also high (mania). I don't know your circumstances so I can't do too much, but there are other people you can see, you could also ask to see a different GP. And although it's difficult you should try and talk to someone about your concerns. Make sure you also try and talk to people close to you, it is difficult for people to understand, so that is something they need help with.
Last edited by All Blunt; 1 week ago
Anonymous #1
okay, well I guess I have to go back to my GP and discuss with them. Its just that sometimes it's very hard for me to be calm and end up doing stupid things / say stupid things when I feel like this that I regret later when my thinking is a better again. Anyway I'll just go get tested for it ...
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Oh my, just reading this I can relate to it so much but just couldn’t describe it myself. I thought that it was just my personality all along now you have showed me a possible way.
All Blunt
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
okay, well I guess I have to go back to my GP and discuss with them. Its just that sometimes it's very hard for me to be calm and end up doing stupid things / say stupid things when I feel like this that I regret later when my thinking is a better again. Anyway I'll just go get tested for it ...
Accidentally just reported your post xp. And sometimes it can be a relief just to know what the problem is
Last edited by All Blunt; 1 week ago
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
I suspect I have bipolar, even went to the GP thinking I have ADHD , told them how I couldn't concentrate and can't keep still, how erratic I become sometimes. As the doctor asked more questions, she mentioned depression ( which I can relate with) but I insisted it's more and could be ADHD. She mentioned how ADHD should be from childhood and I agreed with her, we didn't discuss the chances of it being ADD. As we talked more about it , she mentioned bipolar but she didn't really press it on. I mentioned how sometimes I try to do everything at once and sometimes I do nothing at all, how my mood can shift ( hating everyone to being super friendly), it's all irrational. I also get very obsessed over things ( people and certain topics). I get jealous easily and possessive over time I've learned to not mention / show my jealousy to people. I have been surrounded by drama and won't admit but secretly love to create it ( or maybe not, I'm just confused at this point because I'm so surrounded by it). I can't tell who I am anymore, my true intention around people, what I want. I am a walking contradiction and change my opinion and how I feel everyday, really to the point where I don't know what I want? I get so motivated to change my lifestyle, get fit , go out, study hard. I can see myself having the perfect life ( according to myself). But the next day I'll completely lose this and become hateful ( to what my friends are able to do and use this as a motivation to do more kind of toxic I know) but it's just deep down I feel so unworthy and I've tried so hard to change my pattern of thinking and behaviour but I always end up hating everything and getting exhausted or over doing everything and creating confusion. I need tips on how to manage this ****, I don't want to see my GP ( they gave me antidepressants but I don't want that **** makes me feel like crap) and I don't want to be on any drugs.
I know this doesn’t help u but reading this is everything I have wanted to put into words for so long about myself. So glad I made not the only one out there who feels this way. I’ve been considering visiting the GP definitely advice u go back and press the possibility
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Bipolar wouldn't switch this fast, it doesn't sound like bipolar to me.
Anisa784
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Could be cyclothymia
Jess_x
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Nobody here can diagnose you.

Your GP can't diagnose you - it has to be a psychiatrist. Your GP could refer you to CAMHS or AMHT where you can see a psychiatrist, although you'd most likely see a mental health nurse first there, before being referred to a psychiatrist within CAMHS or AMHT.

I can't stress this enough - keep a mood diary detailing your thoughts and behaviours to use as evidence.

Don't get preoccupied by the label, focus on the idea of getting treatment to help you to manage your moods.

If it is bipolar, you might not have to be on drugs, depending on how severe your condition is. A psychiatrist would discuss possible medication with you.
Last edited by Jess_x; 1 week ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Jess_x)
Nobody here can diagnose you.

Your GP can't diagnose you - it has to be a psychiatrist. Your GP could refer you to CAMHS or AMHT where you can see a psychiatrist, although you'd most likely see a mental health nurse first there, before being referred to a psychiatrist within CAMHS or AMHT.

I can't stress this enough - keep a mood diary detailing your thoughts and behaviours to use as evidence.

Don't get preoccupied by the label, focus on the idea of getting treatment to help you to manage your moods.

If it is bipolar, you might not have to be on drugs, depending on how severe your condition is. A psychiatrist would discuss possible medication with you.
The thing is I asked my GP to refer me to a psychiatrist because I felt as though something wasn't right with me. I didn't want to discuss everything with my GP cause the moment I mentioned wanting to see a psychiatrist she said I can only do that if it's serious without listening to my concern. I mean I had to drop out of Uni because of the severe lack of motivation and feeling paranoid then feeling as though I can study one whole semester worth within a week. I don't know but I spent most of my time at Uni in my room, literally staring my computer screen doing jack **** day after day, to the point where I completely stopped caring about eating my meals or anything. Everything became too much and I had to get out of there. I couldn't tell my GP this cause I heard these things can stay on your record and hinder you in the future and I don't know if I want to risk that but my mind is not a pleasant place to be ( I'm struggling with every day things) and resort to having to pump myself to get through things ( in which state my thoughts are rapid, I do everything fast, can't stay still, am mean and unforgiving). I have to get so pumped to do the simple things ( go to the shops, cook, etc) that my energy is spent and can't do much else.
Jess_x
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The thing is I asked my GP to refer me to a psychiatrist because I felt as though something wasn't right with me. I didn't want to discuss everything with my GP cause the moment I mentioned wanting to see a psychiatrist she said I can only do that if it's serious without listening to my concern. I mean I had to drop out of Uni because of the severe lack of motivation and feeling paranoid then feeling as though I can study one whole semester worth within a week. I don't know but I spent most of my time at Uni in my room, literally staring my computer screen doing jack **** day after day, to the point where I completely stopped caring about eating my meals or anything. Everything became too much and I had to get out of there. I couldn't tell my GP this cause I heard these things can stay on your record and hinder you in the future and I don't know if I want to risk that but my mind is not a pleasant place to be ( I'm struggling with every day things) and resort to having to pump myself to get through things ( in which state my thoughts are rapid, I do everything fast, can't stay still, am mean and unforgiving). I have to get so pumped to do the simple things ( go to the shops, cook, etc) that my energy is spent and can't do much else.
You have to tell your GP these things to convince her it's serious so that you get the help that you need. It's your choice. You don't have to disclose your medical record to future employers, so how could it otherwise hinder you in the future?
Anonymous #4
Report 1 week ago
This sounds more like borderline personality disorder than bipolar. Bipolar will have mood swings that last days, weeks and sometimes months, and won’t change as frequently as your describing. Also, in BPD it’s really common to become jealous and possessive. However, these diagnosis’s cannot be made by a GP, so you will need to be referred on.
Anonymous #1
This sounds more like borderline personality disorder than bipolar. Bipolar will have mood swings that last days, weeks and sometimes months, and won’t change as frequently as your describing. Also, in BPD it’s really common to become jealous and possessive. However, these diagnosis’s cannot be made by a GP, so you will need to be referred on.
Okay, it's just that when it comes to BPD I've read you have to have trauma in your childhood and I've had a pretty normal life. There are things such as my anger issues ( things I've done that I'm ashamed to mention due to it to others) during my childhood and even now which make me think of something being wrong with me. Usually, as we get older we get wiser so we should be able to deal with our emotions better but for me it seems to be getting more extreme and causing me actual losses. I also can't trust people...hence the paranoia I experience, even around friends I've known for a long time and family members.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Jess_x)
You have to tell your GP these things to convince her it's serious so that you get the help that you need. It's your choice. You don't have to disclose your medical record to future employers, so how could it otherwise hinder you in the future?
My friend who has a brother that went to the GP regarding a mental health concern apparently has it in his record which hindered him in his application to the Army...but you are right if I don't disclose information it shouldn't affect anything in the future. I'll talk to the GP again.
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Okay, it's just that when it comes to BPD I've read you have to have trauma in your childhood and I've had a pretty normal life. There are things such as my anger issues ( things I've done that I'm ashamed to mention due to it to others) during my childhood and even now which make me think of something being wrong with me. Usually, as we get older we get wiser so we should be able to deal with our emotions better but for me it seems to be getting more extreme and causing me actual losses. I also can't trust people...hence the paranoia I experience, even around friends I've known for a long time and family members.
You don't have to have trauma in your childhood, it's just common.
YaliaV
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Did the GP just give you medication? They should probably have referred you on. Please don’t self-diagnose! It sounds like you’re torturing yourself.
OR321
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My class thought my Spanish teacher was bipolar. Turns out she was just 100% b*tch
(Point is- don’t assume lmao)
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Agree, sounds much more like BPD than bipolar.
Anonymous #1
YaliaV the GP gave me anti depressants but yes thanks I'll check out BPD with the GP when I get the guts to go see them again Pathway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (8)
6.35%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (71)
56.35%
No (47)
37.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed