Mkokhl
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, I am interested in the University of London International Programmes. Does anyone have any experience with them? In particular, I would love to hear of your experience if you studied economics there.
ajj2000
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Mkokhl)
Hi, I am interested in the University of London International Programmes. Does anyone have any experience with them? In particular, I would love to hear of your experience if you studied economics there.
You'd be better to post this under the distance learning forum - I'm sure there are past posts about the economics course.
reyjusuf
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
They give you a study guide and reading list. You read them, do the practice questions to prepare for the exams, and then do the exam in an exam center. The VLE has a forum where you suppose to discuss the lessons but people don't use it anymore. Instead, they use the social forum to form WhatsApp Groups for specific modules or the whole course. They discuss stuff in the WhatsApp Group.
Mkokhl
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by reyjusuf)
They give you a study guide and reading list. You read them, do the practice questions to prepare for the exams, and then do the exam in an exam center. The VLE has a forum where you suppose to discuss the lessons but people don't use it anymore. Instead, they use the social forum to form WhatsApp Groups for specific modules or the whole course. They discuss stuff in the WhatsApp Group.
Hi, thanks for your reply. What has your experience been? Would you recommend it? How feasible is it to get a first through self study (not attending a teaching centre)?
reyjusuf
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I work full time so for me, it's the ideal format. You are really on your own. It was also not my first time attending university (I attended University of Colorado in the past). I imagine if it is your first university experience, it can be quite difficult but not impossible. Your grade is dependant on the one exam you take once a year in May.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (159)
24.65%
Pop (158)
24.5%
Jazz (26)
4.03%
Classical (38)
5.89%
Hip-Hop (115)
17.83%