Dan2913
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am considering joining the RAF next year and at school we are currently writing personal statements. I am just wondering if I need to do this as the application for the RAF is completely different to the whole UCAS application.
shaunak9
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Dan2913)
I am considering joining the RAF next year and at school we are currently writing personal statements. I am just wondering if I need to do this as the application for the RAF is completely different to the whole UCAS application.
probs worth doing just so you've got one if needs be. its always best to have a personal statement really
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No. The RAF does not need a personal statement.

However, the process of writing one could help you work out your arguments for joining, why you want to be part of it, etc, because you will be asked those questions during the interviews.
Alexis3030
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
When it comes to your interview you will sell yourself adding this to your personal statement can't hurt but for most AFCO interviews they wouldnt ask.
RAF_Adam
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi

As already advised, it's not a requirement for your application. However, you may want to write one out as it will more than likely help you answer some of the questions you'll get asked during the application process.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As already said, you need to say why you are interested in joining. However, you are as well off taking time to record everything you have done, with dates, that will show your potential on your application and at interview; positions of responsibility at school, with sports teams, uniformed organisations, volunteering, work.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (621)
33.71%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.07%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.76%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads