:-))
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m doing Latin gcse this year and I’m in year 10 and I’m just worried it’s gonna be really hard cuz u have to learn all the long poems and set texts so can ppl who have done it previous years tell me how they revised
student0299
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It’s honestly not that bad. Once you’ve learnt the texts you’re basically prepare for the literature papers. Because we had already started translating some of the texts before year 11, I revised over them and learnt them during the summer holidays.
As you translate them, set aside time each week to learn one paragraph a week
Rep:
?
Yeah I’m learning them off by heart now (the translations). Will that be enough for the literature exams?
Thanks
Skylar.J
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Learning the english translation first off by heart, then remember how to match it bk to the text by pointing while reciting worked for me. If u find it hard matching up certain words, try thinking of ways which u can link them to the english meaning.

Then for answering questions, remember a few talking points per page that you can use would do. Like similes or metaphores and like juxtapositions...etc
student0299
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by :-)))
Yeah I’m learning them off by heart now (the translations). Will that be enough for the literature exams?
Thanks
Yeah learning them off by heart is the easiest way. Also make sure you know which part of the passage goes with the Latin translation because the exam papers give the Latin and you have to translate it
Rep:
?
(Original post by student0299)
Yeah learning them off by heart is the easiest way. Also make sure you know which part of the passage goes with the Latin translation because the exam papers give the Latin and you have to translate it
Thanks so much
Rep:
?
(Original post by Skylar.J)
Learning the english translation first off by heart, then remember how to match it bk to the text by pointing while reciting worked for me. If u find it hard matching up certain words, try thinking of ways which u can link them to the english meaning.

Then for answering questions, remember a few talking points per page that you can use would do. Like similes or metaphores and like juxtapositions...etc
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (572)
34.33%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (685)
41.12%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (334)
20.05%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.5%

Watched Threads