Azimbrook1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I LOVE applying maths to different situations (e.g. a pendulum) or even something like a van (e.g. what's the speed of the van) - very basic example. It could be any object. I know that a physics degree would be the most obvious, but is there another degree that's more suitable to my passion?
PetitePanda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Idk what the course content contains but mechanical engineering?
A Rolling Stone
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Azimbrook1)
I LOVE applying maths to different situations (e.g. a pendulum) or even something like a van (e.g. what's the speed of the van) - very basic example. It could be any object. I know that a physics degree would be the most obvious, but is there another degree that's more suitable to my passion?
i think a secured psychiatric hospital is the best place for you...
Azimbrook1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by A Rolling Stone)
i think a secured psychiatric hospital is the best place for you...
What does that mean?
A Rolling Stone
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What does that mean?
mechanics is most people's worst nightmare lol
RoseGold86
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey I was exactly the same as you don’t make the same mistake I made and choose physics because mechanics and physics are not the same....What you’d be better off doing is something like
Mathematical physics
Theoretical physics
Engineering computation
Computer science
Maths

Like this is off the top of my head but basically what u want us a mathematical/engineering degree please don’t just do physics 😅
tHe237046
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Applied mathematics is a good choice, with plenty of finance and physics modules. I also loved mechanics, pure physics would also be good, but its one of the more difficult degrees!

My background: I did A level maths (Mech 1 + Stats 1). Mech 1 was my favourite module in all of A levels and I was the among the best students in it.
Last edited by tHe237046; 1 week ago
black1blade
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Any engineering that isn't chemical or electronic would be best.
RoseGold86
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by tHe237046)
Applied mathematics is a good choice, with plenty of finance and physics modules. I also loved mechanics, pure physics would also be good, but its one of the more difficult degrees!

My background: I did A level maths (Mech 1 + Stats 1). Mech 1 was my favourite module in all of A levels and I was the among the best students in it.
I agree with this and wish I did it tbh.
tHe237046
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RoseGold86)
I agree with this and wish I did it tbh.
Me too. I study computer engineering however it definitely seems applied mathematics would have given me more in depth knowledge and confidence to do what I really want, that said, control engineering and signals and systems are a good dose of applied math too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (8)
6.45%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (69)
55.65%
No (47)
37.9%

Watched Threads