Pencil22
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
How can I get motivated? I've honestly tried so many different things they make me motivated but stop in a day or two. I'm really worried about my grades suffering badly. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Elclau
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Honestly? What got me through a levels was putting the fear of god into myself about failing.
What motivated me was the fear of failure and missing out on what I want to do with my life. Think about what you want to do with your life after you've finished studying. Set yourself a goal. (Mine was to get into vet school) It's easier to do work if you know theres a point to what you're doing and it will help you achieve skmething you want to achieve rather than working for a grade that you're not sure is useful to you.
You're not going to be motivated all the time, most of the time you're going to hate doing the work, but it makes it easier if you know this is a means to an end.

Hope this helps and good luck )
h4n4
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Pencil22)
How can I get motivated? I've honestly tried so many different things they make me motivated but stop in a day or two. I'm really worried about my grades suffering badly. Any ideas would be appreciated.
scare yourself

revise with your friends

set goals : writing stuff down helps a lot trust me

keep a diary / journal

exercise

meditate

watch videos about productivity but beware of falling down rabbit holes

mate I have the worst concentration problems but I am trying to overcome them like yourself
goodluck x x
Pencil22
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thanks. I'll try them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (39)
7.59%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (299)
58.17%
No (176)
34.24%

Watched Threads