My mum wants me to take back my cheating boyfriend Watch

alone ghost
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
your mother is basically a doormat who has no respect for herself and wants you to be like her. if somebody cheats on you they never ever loved you that includes the time you were together and apparently "happy" they simply didn't care so move on.
SlightlySummer
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Once a cheater, always a cheater. Your mother shouldn’t dictate a big part of your life like this 🤷*♀️
Anonymous #4
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
1) Long Distance almost never works
more so that a lot of people are unwilling for it to work
Anonymous #5
Report 1 week ago
I personally (controversial here) do not think cheating is unforgivable. I have never cheated or been cheated on, but I know that it can hurt your self esteem. I have, however, seen a friend forgive her boyfriend of 2 years for cheating and now they are at 4 years and very happy. He had made a stupid, immature mistake and she was able to forgive him.

However, it seems as though you do not want to gwt back with him and see this as a deal breaker (you are absolutely 100% in your rights to feel like this). You need to trust your gut completely and your instincts. You are young and the world has so much to offer you.

Good luck with however you choose to go and I hope you have support and love along the way
goggleyed
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
has your mum always been a doormat? she thinks you should forgive him because thats obviously what shes done in the past. don't listen to them, parents aren't always right
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's always easy for others to glibly come out with utter prat nonsense like 'You should give him a chance' or 'I'm sure he didn't mean it' ,,,as they're not involved, have no/little background and above all, aren't you. Either tell them straight not to be such an idiot, or smile thinly and do your own thing.
Anonymous #6
Report 6 days ago
Don't do it OP, I have been cheated on once before and led to being abused never again! xx
Deggs_14
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Eww dump her
ltsmith
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
well ur mum is an idiot
Anonymous #7
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My ldr boyfriend well ex now ( 2 weeks since break up) slept with another girl whilst we was together. I was really hurt however not broken which is abit weird for me however my first ever boyfriend cheated and broke me into pieces so I guess I’m used to it or I’m just stronger. My recent ex boyfriend cheated on me and I found out when I went across country to visit him by finding condoms, this really did hurt me and I lost a lot of weight in 2 weeks which everyone noticed and was constantly asking me what’s wrong. When I right the pros and cons of our relationship there’s only one con which is the cheating. He was so good to me and perfect , everything I wanted in a man then boom! He cheated. We had so much to look forward to.

After 2 weeks of breakup I’m doing ok and starting to get on with my life and I’m at a stage where I hate him. Whenever I speak to my mum about it she thinks and says I should give him another chance!

This is so weird like why would my mum be saying this? This makes me second think breaking up with him.

Could I get some advice ? And experiences please. 💕💕
Your mom clearly doesn't have good experiences with men if she believes cheating on women is acceptable, if anything they'd be very skeptical of giving second chances not willing to give one 2 weeks after the fact. At the end of the day, it's your decision, not hers. Just remember she's another human being, she's not special, she doesn't necessarily know more than you. She's just like any other person with an opinion. You seem ready to move on and happy with that decision, and no one elses opinion should dissuade you from that.
mkstudent
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Maybe your mum is the sort of woman who "needs" a man in their life - if so, she might - but you don't!

This is the 2nd time you've been cheated on - think about why? are you choosing a particular sort of boy or giving out a vibe that you are a bit of a walkover?

Your mum is WRONG - you need your own self respect. Find someone who is morally against cheating (and find that out by TALKING to them, BEFORE you sleep with them).
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by mkstudent)
Maybe your mum is the sort of woman who "needs" a man in their life - if so, she might - but you don't!

This is the 2nd time you've been cheated on - think about why? are you choosing a particular sort of boy or giving out a vibe that you are a bit of a walkover?

Your mum is WRONG - you need your own self respect. Find someone who is morally against cheating (and find that out by TALKING to them, BEFORE you sleep with them).
How would I find that out tho? What flags are there. Also my first ex was so abusive to me however my recent one treated me so good until this happened obviously. So I don’t think I go for the same guys idk. I love really hard. I barely love when I do it’s hard af.
karl pilkington
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Did you lose your virginity to him? Once a cheat always a cheat maybe your mum fancies him or something kind of weird that she wants you to give him another chance.
Anonymous #7
Report 3 days ago
You sure your mom wasn't sleeping with him too? Hate to ask but it seems suspicious that she wants you to take him back.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (206)
23.57%
Pop (216)
24.71%
Jazz (33)