The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Resit assignment failed !!!

Hi, i completed 4 subjects in my first year at cov uni getting 60 credits. I deferred two exams and one module i failed got resit assignment in that and i got 50/100 in that but it was edited and I got 0.00 then. Will i get another assignment resit submission? Can i enrol for year 2?
(edited 4 years ago)
If you've already had the chance to resit, you won't be given another chance I'm afraid. Depends on your uni and your circumstances but its highly unlikely.
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Original post by Hamzaaaaaa23
Hi, i completed 4 subjects in my first year at cov uni getting 60 credits. I deferred two exams and one module i failed got resit assignment in that and i got 50/100 in that but it was edited and I got 0.00 then. Will i get another assignment resit submission? Can i enrol for year 2?

I agree with the above, usually you won't get another resit opportunity if you have failed the resit. Best thing to do is talk to your personal tutor or department about what your next steps will be.
If you're lucky, if its only one module you've failed and as its your first year, they might allow you to resit that module alongside your year 2 modules which means you might be able to enrol for year 2. Otherwise, you'll have to resit that module part time for a year. Speak to your university and discuss your options.
I cannot get one more assignment resit attempt? Not the exam one tho
Look at your university policy, or speak to a tutor. Some universities will allow one fail a year.
One fail a year or one resit fail? ^
Cuz i have two deferred resits also but they are deferred for next semester.
ImI sure you're only allowed one resit for assignments or exams. Talk to your tutor though.
Can i enrol for year 2 and do this subject too?

Original post by Anonymous
ImI sure you're only allowed one resit for assignments or exams. Talk to your tutor though.

This is a real mess. You normally need 120 credits for progression.
By deferring modules you are just creating trouble for yourself.

Your best solution imo is to leave the course and start somewhere else fresh or ask to start the degree again. the prospects for this degree are poor. You shouldnt be submitting failing assignments for resits, the whole point is you learn what went wrong first time round and should have put it right. Go and find another course to start fresh. Were there reasons you failed and needed to defer?

Do not enrol.
(edited 4 years ago)
Yes there were reasons but the defer ones are exams and i know i can pass them easily next semester. But worried about this module.
Original post by 999tigger
This is a real mess. You normally need 120 credits for progression.
By deferring modules you are just creating trouble for yourself.

Your best solution imo is to leave the course and start somewhere else fresh or ask to start the degree again. the prospects for this degree are poor. You shouldnt be submitting failing assignments for resits, the whole point is you learn what went wrong first time round and should have put it right. Go and find another course to start fresh. Were there reasons you failed and needed to defer?

Do not enrol.
I dont think you can enrol for second year if you already have 2 deferred resits for exams and a failed resit for an assignment. Your university will probably give you the option to retake the whole module again for a year, part time.
Meaning i will do one subject in next semester? What does part time mean? And if i complete all my exams the two deferred ones and the failed one. Then i will continue as full time?
I dont think you can enrol for second year if you already have 2 deferred resits for exams and a failed resit for an assignment. Your university will probably give you the option to retake the whole module again for a year, part time.
Meaning i will do one subject in next semester? What does part time mean? And if i complete all my exams the two deferred ones and the failed one. Then i will continue as full time?

It means you will do one module next semester. Part time means you'll probably be attending university once a week, maybe twice for a lecture and seminar. As you will retaking one module from first year, you'll be considered a part time student. After you have passed that module and passed your deferred resits, you'll return to full time study in September 2020 and enrol for Year 2 then. Thats how I know it to work anyway, but you will have to speak to your University. We can only give you possible outcomes.
So i will be doing nothing in the january intake? That is not good btw

It means you will do one module next semester. Part time means you'll probably be attending university once a week, maybe twice for a lecture and seminar. As you will retaking one module from first year, you'll be considered a part time student. After you have passed that module and passed your deferred resits, you'll return to full time study in September 2020 and enrol for Year 2 then. Thats how I know it to work anyway, but you will have to speak to your University. We can only give you possible outcomes.s
So i will be doing nothing in the january intake? That is not good btw

You need to speak to your uni, we cant advise you any more than we already have. We've given you possible outcomes. Now you need to speak to your uni.
Reply 16
How did it go?

Quick Reply

Latest