The Student Room Group

Economics for A-Level but no GCSE

My school didn't do GCSE Economics but the one I go to now for my A-Levels did do it with their students. I'm doing A-Level Economics and I don't know if that's a good idea. Also if you can give me any tips on how to be good for Economics and help with stuff like that I would really appreciate it.

Thank you
Don't worry about not having a GCSE in Econ. The A Level course assumes that you haven't and tbh most people in the class will likely not have it either.
How to be good? Study the material you learn in class. That's really all there is to it.
Original post by Chaos6148
My school didn't do GCSE Economics but the one I go to now for my A-Levels did do it with their students. I'm doing A-Level Economics and I don't know if that's a good idea. Also if you can give me any tips on how to be good for Economics and help with stuff like that I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

I'm also going to be studying A-level economics without ever studying GCSE econ as well. From what I've heard, you should be fine even if you didn't take it for GCSE.
Reply 3
A-level economics is very accessible, even for beginners. I've just finished mine this year after no previous experience. The syllabus is wrote in a way to introduce economics to people who has not done it before.
Unless the school specifically expects you to have taken GCSE Economics beforehand, there is no requirement for it. I'm not even sure GCSE Economics existed 10 years ago when I was in school, but A-level Economics certainly did (and was very popular).

You will probably need to be comfortable with some basic statistics and the ability to read and interpret graphs from GCSE Maths however.

Quick Reply

Latest