What to do on Fresher's Week when staying home? Watch

Joe2001
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My Fresher's Week just began yesterday at Strathclyde. I've been around the campus and I can barely find any students around which is bizarre. I have just arrived again today and it is still really quiet. I had a feeling that Fresher's was mostly intended for those that are new to the area and since I'm a Glasgow local, I'm already familiar with it all.

I'm not a late night party/alcohol type, and since I'm staying home where there is less interaction, what should I do for the remainder of Freshers? I've not had much info from the uni except for admin things such as getting the student card.
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Does your Freshers not start in a couple of weeks? I was under the impression that Freshers for most uni's started on the 23rd. Would explain why you can't find many students about.
Last edited by MidgetFever; 1 week ago
MinaBee
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Joe2001)
My Fresher's Week just began yesterday at Strathclyde. I've been around the campus and I can barely find any students around which is bizarre. I have just arrived again today and it is still really quiet. I had a feeling that Fresher's was mostly intended for those that are new to the area and since I'm a Glasgow local, I'm already familiar with it all.

I'm not a late night party/alcohol type, and since I'm staying home where there is less interaction, what should I do for the remainder of Freshers? I've not had much info from the uni except for admin things such as getting the student card.
I just googled and it says Strathclyde freshers doesn't start until Saturday. If that's the case then I wouldn't expect people to be there until this weekend.

Have you seen this?
Joe2001
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'd been told that the first date of study was Sept 16th so I had assumed that Fresher's was the week before. I guess I am wrong on that one...
MinaBee
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'd been told that the first date of study was Sept 16th so I had assumed that Fresher's was the week before. I guess I am wrong on that one...
Hm maybe your course is starting earlier than others? That can happen sometimes. I would contact the uni and ask for clarification.
Newcome
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

All students arrive this wk end, moving in Saturday to halls. freshers wk starts 16th..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?