Adam2001
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello my name is adam, I would like to ask for wise opinions towards a 17 year old student that is willing to start self tutoring as a private candidate studying the igcse curriculum, is it possible? what difficulties might I face? what online sites would be useful like khans academy or other free educational sources, and what advices would you give.
I know I'm kind of late in studying high school because of some circumstances That occurred in my life, but I believe it's never late to be educated, especially for what I know about my self that I am a fast learner focused on my goal and willing to give all my efforts to achieve this goal.
Last edited by Adam2001; 1 week ago
Puffdragon
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi Adam - good on you! A really great place to start is the Home ed exams Wiki page there are links to all the subjects, what is doable as a private candidate and also advise on finding an exam centre. There are also millions of facebook pages with advice on every topic. Generally anything that normally has coursework you need to tak the igcse or sometimes there is an extra paper instead of coursework (edexcel GCSE History for example). Usually it is just a case of downloaded the specification, getting the right book and then getting on with it, There are usually loads of free resources online as well.All the best!
ViktoriyaPetrov
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Adam2001)
Hello my name is adam, I would like to ask for wise opinions towards a 17 year old student that is willing to start self tutoring as a private candidate studying the igcse curriculum, is it possible? what difficulties might I face? what online sites would be useful like khans academy or other free educational sources, and what advices would you give.
I know I'm kind of late in studying high school because of some circumstances That occurred in my life, but I believe it's never late to be educated, especially for what I know about my self that I am a fast learner focused on my goal and willing to give all my efforts to achieve this goal.
if youre keen and wish to do well im sure youll be great. I had to teach myself most of my gcses (as did everyone else in my school had to) due to rubbish teacher and achieved 8s and 9s, so it is possible. for gcse science you need to do practicals - I dont know how that works for igcse. ive heard doing igcses is more expensive than doing gcses in school as you have to privately enter which might be pricy?
id advise you to buy revision books eg cgp. these help loads. also free science lessons is great and so is Seneca and bbc bitesize. these sites are free btw. if youre willing to pay money, snaprevise is good and so is studyclix. they might be different exam boards but the topics are similar I think.
hope this helps and all the best for your studies
Last edited by ViktoriyaPetrov; 1 week ago
Adam2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by ViktoriyaPetrov)
if youre keen and wish to do well im sure youll be great. I had to teach myself most of my gcses (as did everyone else in my school had to) due to rubbish teacher and achieved 8s and 9s, so it is possible. for gcse science you need to do practicals - I dont know how that works for igcse. ive heard doing igcses is more expensive than doing gcses in school as you have to privately enter which might be pricy?
id advise you to buy revision books eg cgp. these help loads. also free science lessons is great and so is Seneca and bbc bitesize. these sites are free btw. if youre willing to pay money, snaprevise is good and so is studyclix. they might be different exam boards but the topics are similar I think.
hope this helps and all the best for your studies
Thank you so much🌹 it was a very helpful answer you totally understood mu question.
Adam2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by Puffdragon)
Hi Adam - good on you! A really great place to start is the Home ed exams Wiki page there are links to all the subjects, what is doable as a private candidate and also advise on finding an exam centre. There are also millions of facebook pages with advice on every topic. Generally anything that normally has coursework you need to tak the igcse or sometimes there is an extra paper instead of coursework (edexcel GCSE History for example). Usually it is just a case of downloaded the specification, getting the right book and then getting on with it, There are usually loads of free resources online as well.All the best!
Thank you 🌹 I'll definitely check that😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (213)
23.59%
Pop (223)
24.7%