The Student Room Group

What to do during my interruption from uni?

I am planning to take a year long interruption from university due to mental health issues, between my 2nd and 3rd years of study on a 4 year degree (I go to a Scottish university.) I am having an interruption due to mental health issues. I have had an interruption before, between my 1st and 2nd years, however I worked part time during this year in a stressful retail job and the CBT therapy I received was not helpful in the long run. During my interruption this time I don't plan to get a job because I'm fortunate not to need one but also for the sake of my mental health. I am planning to read more, visit family more, continue regular therapy, maybe travel when i feel a bit better, and learn to drive. Do you have any other ideas of stress-free benefical things to do during this time? Thanks.
Would volunteering at a local charity shop be stressful for you? The hours would be flexible so if you needed time off etc you could do that to take care of yourself, but it would be beneficial as you could put it onto your CV? Wishing you all the best!
volinteering in general anywhere could be useful and helpful. also if at all possible some sort of physical exercise challenge? both of these things are great for mental health as well as fun and interesting!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending