The Student Room Group

Permanently excluded

Hi i was permanently excluded from high school towards the end of year 10 due to a fight, I accept responsibility of this mistake. but i want to move on and be better at life I got a grade 9 for RE,grade 7 for History and a 5 for French. i have one more year of gcses. do you think i could be accepted into sixth forms if i gained really good grades like As and A*.PLEASE HELP.
Yes
You're going to be fine
Reply 2
really?
Reply 3
do you think i can go to any school if i get good gcses?????
Pretty sure it goes on your record so any college/sixth form/whatever in the future will be aware of it.
Was the fight really worth it?? No.
Reply 6
how do u know?
Reply 7
Was the fight really worth it?? No.

beacuse i was excluded do you believe if i get good grades i can go to sixth form
pls i need help
i dont think i can take it anymore
Original post by excludedguy
beacuse i was excluded do you believe if i get good grades i can go to sixth form
pls i need help
i dont think i can take it anymore

You’ll have to contact the sixth form you want to go to. If you do really well then they probably will make an exception but you may need to convince them you won’t do something like that again
Hi i was permanently excluded from high school towards the end of year 10 due to a fight, I accept responsibility of this mistake. but i want to move on and be better at life I got a grade 9 for RE,grade 7 for History and a 5 for French. i have one more year of gcses. do you think i could be accepted into sixth forms if i gained really good grades like As and A*.PLEASE HELP.

If you were permanently excluded where are you now? Are you at another school?
Work hard, get the grades and stay out of trouble. Be the “golden student” in every class, always be polite to all students and staff, even the cleaners. If you show that you are trying really hard to change your ways and move on then any college will have difficulty in refusing you, especially if your school can put in a good word. The main thing is not to talk about the fight/exclusion at all to any students, and if the subject comes up refuse to talk about it. Show that you have seen the error of your ways and that you are ashamed of that part in your life.
The best thing, is that you want to move on. If you show people that you are serious about this then you should be fine. Good luck!!!
Original post by MinaBee
If you were permanently excluded where are you now? Are you at another school?

i might be home schooled for my last year
Original post by Phoenixfeather99
Work hard, get the grades and stay out of trouble. Be the “golden student” in every class, always be polite to all students and staff, even the cleaners. If you show that you are trying really hard to change your ways and move on then any college will have difficulty in refusing you, especially if your school can put in a good word. The main thing is not to talk about the fight/exclusion at all to any students, and if the subject comes up refuse to talk about it. Show that you have seen the error of your ways and that you are ashamed of that part in your life.
The best thing, is that you want to move on. If you show people that you are serious about this then you should be fine. Good luck!!!

thankyou so much have you completed your education?
Reply 13
i might be home schooled for my last year

Look for another school that might be willing to take you on, on a "last chance" basis. The government doesn't actually want you to be homeschooled so that shouldn't be too much of an issue.

And listen to phoenixfeather.
thankyou so much have you completed your education?

Yes I have. I’m about to start uni. I had a kinda similar situation to you (but I wasn’t excluded). I basically had to earn my right to get an education.
Original post by Phoenixfeather99
Yes I have. I’m about to start uni. I had a kinda similar situation to you (but I wasn’t excluded). I basically had to earn my right to get an education.

what do u think of my situation

Quick Reply

Latest