Moving out at 18! Help Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m currently 18, I’m really not getting on with my family, not just a petty argument either, I felt like this for a long time, i think the best thing for me is too move out and get my own place, for my own peace and happiness tbh, I know it will be hard! But one day I’ve got to do it anyway.. I’m just trying to think what’s the best way to go about it, my family think I’m joking so they’re no help, I do have a job as well, am I silly if I do move out ?
JamesO'Mara
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey i have been living alone since 17 kicked out when i was 16 i suggest getting a studio flat or a shared accommodation where bills are included in the rent. I had the opposite and had a flat to myself and have raked up 2k debt but now i am working and paying it off.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by JamesO'Mara)
Hey i have been living alone since 17 kicked out when i was 16 i suggest getting a studio flat or a shared accommodation where bills are included in the rent. I had the opposite and had a flat to myself and have raked up 2k debt but now i am working and paying it off.
Thank you for the reply! I’m going to look Into that, Yh that’s the only thing I’m worried about, getting myself into debt or really struggling, I’m not going to rush into it and find the best option for me, it’s just hard though!
JamesO'Mara
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you for the reply! I’m going to look Into that, Yh that’s the only thing I’m worried about, getting myself into debt or really struggling, I’m not going to rush into it and find the best option for me, it’s just hard though!
Np if you do move have some savings to fall back on.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You'll need savings and a decent monthly income. If you've got those just start looking. Some landlords might be funny about your age, paying 6 months up front would fix that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (14)
6.73%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (116)
55.77%
No (78)
37.5%

Watched Threads