Can I transfer before being kicked out? Watch

Min123543
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I got an unconditional offer for a transfer to another university but feel I may be getting kicked out of my current university, would my new uni find out I was kicked out if I’ve already enrolled and been accepted for a transfer and start next week?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Min123543)
I got an unconditional offer for a transfer to another university but feel I may be getting kicked out of my current university, would my new uni find out I was kicked out if I’ve already enrolled and been accepted for a transfer and start next week?
Is it transfer into year 1 or 2?
Are you sure it wasnt dependent on anything?
Did you tell them the truth i.e didnt provide them with any false facts?
In theory you can transfer now, certainly dont enrol for the new year.
Will they require a reference from your old uni?

In theory yes, but will depend how fast they can process you.
Min123543
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Is it transfer into year 1 or 2?
Are you sure it wasnt dependent on anything?
Did you tell them the truth i.e didnt provide them with any false facts?
In theory you can transfer now, certainly dont enrol for the new year.
Will they require a reference from your old uni?

In theory yes, but will depend how fast they can process you.
I’m going into 3rd year and I was planning on transferring before but got cold feet ( I currently study criminology and sociology but just want to focus my third year in criminology which my current uni does not do) I just told them my credits which I’ve achieved over the 2 years (240) and they gave me the offer, they asked me to withdraw from my current university which I am going to do now, I have a strong feeling they will withdraw or expel me anyway so feel it’s better to withdraw myself willingly (I enrolled myself into my current uni already as I wasn’t sure I would get an offer into my new uni)
I haven’t lied about anything however I have not told them about a meeting I have due to discuss an incident at my current uni (not a criminal offence or a academic misconduct). I feel once I withdraw my uni will not care about the meeting anymore
They haven’t asked for any references, just to provide my transcript on my enrolment day
Last edited by Min123543; 1 week ago
999tigger
Report 1 week ago
I’m going into 3rd year and I was planning on transferring before but got cold feet ( I currently study criminology and sociology but just want to focus my third year in criminology which my current uni does not do) I just told them my credits which I’ve achieved over the 2 years (240) and they gave me the offer, they asked me to withdraw from my current university which I am going to do now, I have a strong feeling they will withdraw or expel me anyway so feel it’s better to withdraw myself willingly (I enrolled myself into my current uni already as I wasn’t sure I would get an offer into my new uni)
I haven’t lied about anything however I have not told them about a meeting I have due to discuss an incident at my current uni (not a criminal offence or a academic misconduct). I feel once I withdraw my uni will not care about the meeting anymore
They haven’t asked for any references, just to provide my transcript on my enrolment day
Why are your old uni about to withdraw you? I assume there must be some form of misconduct? If you have your 240 credits then I think it will be ok. If they withdraw you prior to permission to that then you have an issue.
Min123543
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Why are your old uni about to withdraw you? I assume there must be some form of misconduct? If you have your 240 credits then I think it will be ok. If they withdraw you prior to permission to that then you have an issue.
I had an incident with a student there and we both ended up in a very intense argument which led to a fight (she hit me a few times before I hit her back) on campus (very stupid I know but I normally don’t retaliate and said it was self defence but they are really strict on how the university looks) I just know that it will lead to a withdrawal and don’t want to take the risk of going to the meeting and getting expelled, I would rather leave before it gets worse for me. I want to speak to an advisor at my new uni and tell them what happened but I really don’t want to affect my chances of getting in as I don’t think I can mentally cope not fulfilling my degree after I tried so hard
999tigger
Report 1 week ago
I had an incident with a student there and we both ended up in a very intense argument which led to a fight (she hit me a few times before I hit her back) on campus (very stupid I know but I normally don’t retaliate and said it was self defence but they are really strict on how the university looks) I just know that it will lead to a withdrawal and don’t want to take the risk of going to the meeting and getting expelled, I would rather leave before it gets worse for me. I want to speak to an advisor at my new uni and tell them what happened but I really don’t want to affect my chances of getting in as I don’t think I can mentally cope not fulfilling my degree after I tried so hard
I think it will be fine. Dont worry, transfer. It could easily just be a warning, especially as she hit you first, unless you were male or there was a racial element or other aspects. In any event I wouldnt worry just transfer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (8)
6.4%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (70)
56%
No (47)
37.6%

Watched Threads