xiuken
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey everyone,
I failed a module back in January and just got my resit result back, but unfortunately failed that also and therefore failed 2nd year. It is the only module that I've failed throughout my two years at uni. I've now received a letter to either appeal or terminate my studies. They have given me no option to resit the year.
I take full responsibility for not passing the resit and most likely won't be making an appeal as I've got nothing to appeal for. I really enjoy my course and got a first in first year.
I was wondering what other options I have?
MirrorOfErised
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You could speak to your SU?
Or if there have been any extenuating circumstances then this is the time to let them know!
Sorry to hear that things haven't going so well, I wish I could help more
watchingyouwatch
Badges: 13
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by xiuken)
Hey everyone,
I failed a module back in January and just got my resit result back, but unfortunately failed that also and therefore failed 2nd year. It is the only module that I've failed throughout my two years at uni. I've now received a letter to either appeal or terminate my studies. They have given me no option to resit the year.
I take full responsibility for not passing the resit and most likely won't be making an appeal as I've got nothing to appeal for. I really enjoy my course and got a first in first year.
I was wondering what other options I have?
You need to go and talk to your personal tutor and see if there is any other options open to you. Could you take a year out and attempts this module next year for example. If this course is essential for your particular degree could you transfer to skating else ? Depending on universities they are quite strict on the number of retakes allowed . What you need to look at is what in particular in this course you are having problems with ? Did the rest of second year go OK or was it a bit of a struggle. Clearly as you did so well in first year, something has gone wrong this year.

Be open and honest with them- you may not be successful but you really having nothing to lose

Good Luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?