is getting a GCSE remark worth it in RE? Watch

MattW02
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
In my aqa re GCSE (half course) I was four marks off a 9. In school the advice I have got has been mixed weather to remark it, therefore, I was wondering whether anyone had got a remark/ knows what my chances of going up a grade are.
Last edited by MattW02; 1 week ago
mez_merising
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
do you really need it remarked? eg. are you taking that subject for a level, is it stopping you from what you wanna do further?
i get that being a lil off a 9 is quite annoying, but i guess if you can afford it go for it
djbello
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by MattW02)
In my aqa re GCSE (half course) I was four marks off a 9. In school the advice I have got has been mixed weather to remark it, therefore, I was wondering whether anyone had got a remark/ knows what my chances of going up a grade are.
In both my AQA RE GCSE and English Literature, I was one mark off a 9 however I'm not taking these subjects for A level. I am still getting a remark because if my results were to go down, I doubt I will manage to lose 10 marks. I am only remarking them so that I have more competitive GCSE results for the university I want to go to. I hope I get the grade 9s because I am so close and a lot of people who have gone for remarks have had their results have gone up so I'm hoping for the same outcome.
Suheyb
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Did your remark return
Suheyb
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by djbello)
In both my AQA RE GCSE and English Literature, I was one mark off a 9 however I'm not taking these subjects for A level. I am still getting a remark because if my results were to go down, I doubt I will manage to lose 10 marks. I am only remarking them so that I have more competitive GCSE results for the university I want to go to. I hope I get the grade 9s because I am so close and a lot of people who have gone for remarks have had their results have gone up so I'm hoping for the same outcome.
Did your remarks return
MythicalFaith
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Honestly, GCSES aren’t worth remarking unless it’s English, Maths or occasionally Science. They’re also only worth remarking if you specifically need a certain grade to get onto a certain A level course. For example in my sixth form (I’m welsh) I needed at least a B at GCSE History or and A in English to do my A level Law course which i had an A in both.

Universities only tend to look at 5 gcses at A*-C including maths and english (and potentially your course related subject, but this is rare as I did both full course RE and short Course at GCSE and A level, but they only looked at my A level.)
Hazzabear
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Did you get it remarked in the end? I believe the cut off date was Thursday the 19th of September.

Good luck if you did
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (38)
7.44%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (298)
58.32%
No (175)
34.25%

Watched Threads