Anisa784
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Is it worth it taking a gap year and then going through clearing for a foundation year for international development at SOAS Or should I just go to the uni that has already offered me a place (Westminster) to do accounting but then change course when im there, but they aren't that great for this course.
This is really stressing me out that I didn't get to do the foundation year at SOAS as they were full and the deadline had closed the day before when I enquired about the foundation course. I was on the phone to them on results day and i wasn't aware of my options regarding a foundation year, nor did they mention I could take this route. Now I don't know what to do.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anisa784)
Is it worth it taking a gap year and then going through clearing for a foundation year for international development at SOAS Or should I just go to the uni that has already offered me a place (Westminster) to do accounting but then change course when im there, but they aren't that great for this course.
This is really stressing me out that I didn't get to do the foundation year at SOAS as they were full and the deadline had closed the day before when I enquired about the foundation course. I was on the phone to them on results day and i wasn't aware of my options regarding a foundation year, nor did they mention I could take this route. Now I don't know what to do.
if you're going to be unhappy at westminster then yes it could be worth it
Anisa784
Rep:
?
But I don’t want to have to be rejected from
SOAS if I reapply without the foundation year on UCAS again since my predicted grades are bad at a D for bio and I ended up getting an E in my alevel results. But if I manage to get at least a B if I resit that will make my grades BCC do you think they will still take me. They’re entry requirement for the coirse is ABB.
Anisa784
Rep:
?
SOAS if I reapply without the foundation year on UCAS again since my predicted grades are bad at a D for bio and I ended up getting an E in my alevel results. But if I manage to get at least a B if I resit that will make my grades BCC do you think they will still take me. They’re entry requirement for the coirse is ABB.
(Original post by claireestelle)
if you're going to be unhappy at westminster then yes it could be worth it
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you re a few grades off then I m afraid not.
TheRealSaifali
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
if you can resit your a level if allowed and accepted by the uni (ask before hand) should do so. You should also be doing an almost year long apprenticeship / work-placement along with your studies to also make you stand out more.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (8)
6.56%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (69)
56.56%
No (45)
36.89%

Watched Threads