Best GCSE Textbooks? (Grades 9-1) Watch

p.taite2004
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm taking Triple Science, History, Psychology, Further Maths, and P.E, plus all the mandatory ones like Maths, and English Literature + Language. What textbooks are the best to buy? I have some revision guides but lots of people say that since the information is condensed you can miss a lot of details that the big textbooks have which would ultimately lead to grades no higher than 6s or 7s. Any suggestions of which brands? Everything is AQA apart from Maths with is Edexcel, and P.E I'm not sure about. Thanks
Nsnsnsnan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For triple science I did aqa and I'd recommend the CGP textbooks (not revision guides) as they really helped me. I pretty much knew nothing at the start of Y11 and in mocks, I got 6 - Chemistry (but it was really easy stuff like structure and bonding) 5 - Physics and a 4 - biology. I basically taught myself the gcse and used that textbook and I ended up with an 8 - Chemistry + Biology and a 7 - Physics. I managed to borrow them from my cousin but they are quite pricey so it depends on your budget
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (76)
67.26%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
18.58%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
14.16%

Watched Threads